Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Pilates and Body combat?

Rod, 5 July, 2011 at 14:06 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 30

I have signed up for Pilates tmorrow night and body combat on Thursday night....anyone got any experience of these classes? I dont have a clue!

30 replies

Latest activity by nicnol, 8 July, 2011 at 16:10
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Yep done both!!! pilates uses the core muscles, so your stomach and abs and is alot of stretching balencing and so on.....body combat is more up tempo, punches, kicks, aerobic exercise workout!! i admit, i prefer the body combat, pilates, although did wonder for my balences and toning, was just to 'sleepy' for me!!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Well I figured it would be good to do pilates for toning and body combat for burning fat?

will see how i get on! I'm such a wuss when it comes to classes i hate just turning up on my own Smiley sad

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

im pretty sure you wont the only one turning up on their own Smiley smile

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Yea i know but most people go all the time. I know its a stupid thing but im like it with loads!

I went to Zumba and just decided to start talking to some women at the front desk and bless em, they were nice about it, but i still feel really self conscious!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

once you have that first few mins out of the way youll feel a hundred times better!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Yea i know thats why i just bit the bullet and booked it today!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Yea i know thats why i just bit the bullet and booked it today!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

YOull have to let us know how you get on with the first class tomorrow Smiley smile

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Will do!

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content

How did you get on October? I really enjoy pilates. I always ache bad two days after but my body soon adapts after a couple of weeks of classes.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I think the BEST thing is reformer pilates. More expensive than normal pilates but you'll notice more of a difference and sooner.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I didnt go Smiley sad I really wanted to but my back went yday and its still hurting. I called the gym and asked if they thought it was best if i missed it (i thought perhaps it might help with streching etc) but they said no way. I will go next week tho! and if my backs feeling better tomrrow i'm goin to body combat for definite.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whats the dfference then CB?

• FutureMrsWilson
    Beginner January 2010
    FutureMrsWilson ·
    • Hide content

Body Combat! SQUEEEEE!!!! ❤️❤️❤️
    It's so much fun, even if you go on your own. There's a huge mix of young/old and large/slim people in my class so it's definitely good for all. I never miss it, and I'm a size 20!

If your gym does Body Combat does it mean they also do Body Pump? It might not sound as appealing but works wonders for your arms and legs. A must if you're looking to improve your muscle tone.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry, just seen this. You use a reformer machine which has a sliding platform and springs that work using the resistance of your own body weight. It looks a bit like an instrument of torture! It uses more cardio than normal pilates and you see results far more quickly if you go regularly.

I go to this one https://www.bootcamppilates.com/ If there's one near you give it a go. Normally your first session is free.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I love combat, the new release has just been launched but I've not been yet. Wanted to go last night but have this crappy summer cold/sore throat so went to bed instead!

I have to miss Body Jam tonight too cause of hair appointment. I really need to get back into my gym routine!

• FutureMrsWilson
    Beginner January 2010
    FutureMrsWilson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our gym is launching Pump and Combat back-to-back tonight and I'll be doing them both even if it kills me! (I have the crappy summer cold too, urgh.)

We've been asking for BodyJam for ages and I think they are finally going to indulge us, yay! Looks wicked.

• Faeth
    Beginner November 2011
    Faeth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Body Jam is awesome. I joined my local gym specifically because they did Body Jam classes. If you like dancing, you'll like Body Jam. Im a total addict now :-)

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd say Jam is my least favourite as you learn a routine so you feel like you are just doing the same things over and over for ages, but by the end I like to think I am on Top of the Pops or something.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Yep they do Pump and Combat. I wanna try Vipr as well but the class is always booked up well in advance!

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

October....as a fellow Dartfordian where are you doing bodycombat? I was a regular a few yrs ago but changed gym's and they didn't do it but absolutely loved it!

I'm now doing bootcamp and zumba twice a week instead

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I go to Reynolds Gym and they do it there. LOADS of other classes too. What gym do you go to? OOOH join my gym and do classes with me! lol

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used to be a member at Reynolds that was my old gym!! It was before the refurb though! Hmph.....I wanted to join back there but as I have to rely on the car to get me there if OH isn't around (he has car for work) I can't go! So I do Zumba in joydens wood/wilmington (one night I get a lift) and then bootcamp in Dartford as I can walk if I haven't got the car! Not sure I can warrant another £40-50 a month for gym membership!!! boo! Smiley sad

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Nicnol where is bootcamp then? and how much is it?

Its great in there now, got a pool and spa area..and theyre extending the actual gym area now. I like it. I'm just lazy and it takes a lot for me to get off my ar$e and go!

• FutureMrsWilson
    Beginner January 2010
    FutureMrsWilson ·
    • Hide content

I quite like routines. Les Mills classes are my favourite specifically because you get to learn each track.

Can't wait for tonight, leaving in a few, WOOHOO!

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bootcamp is in Dartford at Acacia Hall (nr papermoon on one way system) it's £5 each time and he does it Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Google Dartford Bootcamp and you'll find it. I probably went to the gym max once a week but now I'm exercising 4 times a week and loving it......it's so much better than the gym!!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow thats pretty reasonable for bootcamp. I will have a look!

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used to work in there ?

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I remember reading on one of my old Dartford friends FB that there is a new one starting on West Hill - possibly at the Boy's Grammar?

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Ah ha - found it, its at the Girls Grammar

http://www.mooremoves.moonfruit.com/#/zumba-news/4549775491

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah that's my old school!! Anyway I first started going to her classes and she is useless compared to one I go to now! My t-shirt last night was soaked through and when I went to the one you have put above i barely broke a sweat!!

I'm doing a 3hr zumbathon tomorrow evening for charity.... bring it on!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics