Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2017

Pimms/Austins (aldi version) Does it go off?

leffers5555, 6 of April of 2014 at 09:34 Posted on Planning 0 5

Good morning

As per title, does Pimms/Austins go off?

We are having Pimms as one of the reception drinks and to 'save' money we were planning on buying a bottle here and there to not have all the cost nearer the wedding.

On the Aldi version there was no best before/use by date, just stating consume within 3 months of purchase.

Any help/advice/experiences greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Sarah

5 replies

Latest activity by leffers5555, 6 of April of 2014 at 14:55
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I guess the fact it says to use within 3 months indicates that it's not going to last that long past 3 months.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Thats a good point.

Funky will know the answer to this. I will send him over.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Any drink with an alcohol percentage above 10 is not required by law to have a durability date.

Alcoholic drinks don't go off as such hence why you can buy vintage wines for example decades old.

However the taste of a drink can change over time as it matures sometime for the better and sometimes for the worse how the product is stored does have a baring on that.

When storing any such drinks for prolonged periods keep it out of direct sunlight and in a cool place. If you have a cellar/ basement wine fridge or even garden shed that is ideal.

When is the wedding/how long would you be storing it for? If a year or less I think it will be fine as long as you store it as I mention above.

• L
    Beginner September 2017
    leffers5555 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for all the advice! The wedding isn't till 2017 so I will buy up with a year to go Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics