Skip to main content
Bal
Curious June 2022 Central & Glasgow

Place card title - Table Planning

Bal, 12 May 2022 at 20:27 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Saved
Hi guys. Regarding the place cards on top table and also how my name and my fiancées name will show on Table planner. Should it be ‘Bride’ and ‘Groom’ or our names and my new married name? Getting myself in a tizz about this. Thanks in advance.

7 replies

Latest activity by Bal, 16 May 2022 at 15:46
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    We had bride and groom, but you could have Mr XXX and Mrs XXX with your new name, or just your first name, it really is up to you, do what you want, is your day!
  • Bal
    Bal ·
    View quoted message
    Yes i think I will have bride and groom as this was my initial thought. When i asked the coordinator she responded ‘ I would be tempted to have you as Mr & Mrs Wilson as this is the purpose of the day.’ thought this was a bit patronising, at the age of 53 I am quite aware of the purpose. I thanked her though. Just want the day to go smoothly. I will go with Bride and Groom.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    View quoted message
    How rude! The point of the day is to do what you want for your day!! Honestly don't overthink it, it really is not that important, just enjoy your day as it all goes so quickly!
  • Bal
    Bal ·
    View quoted message
    Thanks, I was just putting it past her as was not 100% sure. Thought it was rude too but thought need to keep her sweet as don’t want any friction. I think if she is rude again will need to say something. Will let this one slip. Normally they are very friendly. Thanks for taking out time to respond 😊
  • Yorkshirelass
    Expert July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    I also find that rude to be honest. I’m not taking his name so I won’t be Mrs anything. It’s not a feminist thing, I just like my name better, his surname is a bit rubbish lol. I’m also an older bride (45) and I think I will just put our full names on the table plan same as everyone else. Don’t overthink it!
  • Chloe
    Rockstar July 2023 Cornwall
    Chloe ·

I'm erring towards Bride & Groom - you have the rest of your life to be Mr & Mrs so might as well really go to town on the one day you get to be Bride & Groom!

• Bal
    Bal ·
    View quoted message
    Yes indeed. That’s what I am going for. Thanks. 🙏

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics