Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2009

place cards

sarahv75, 8 February, 2010 at 13:30 Posted on Planning 0 11

I'm making my own place cards and have just done a test one, but I'm not sure about my writing on it! What's everyone else doing? I think printing the names on is out of the question really as my printer is not great at the best of times, and the place cards are hammered card!

11 replies

Latest activity by Gillsy, 8 February, 2010 at 20:37
  • Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

I had all mine printed for me. What about asking somewhere like Staples as they are quite cheap (if cost is the problem). They would have the printers to print on that card i would assume too.

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

I made my own place cards they are white with a small strip of purple paper stuck on them and I have hand written them (innice slanty writing) using a thickish tipped gold pen.

They do look nice I have to say and they cost next to nothing.

x

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe i'll just experiment with my writing with a different pen or something! I want them to match my invitations so am sticking gold and silver hearts cut out of organza ribbon on them too, and drawing a double line in silver around the outside. I used the silver pen to write just now but i think it probably needs to be thicker.

I wonder if printed names might not really work as well as hand writing anyway.

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

I spent hours tracing and cutting out butterfly place cards to save a bit of money....only to find that they were on sale....doh!!

i don't know about your printer but mine won't feel a piece of card as small as a place card so printing would be out of the question (unless your printing before you cut them down?) i think it would be quicker to write then out by hand, i was going to suggest a caligraphy pen but i don't know how that would work on hammered paper.

• N
    NicoC ·
    • Hide content

You could print them out onto a nice pale coloured card (multiple names per a4 piece of paper) and then cut them out (I'd see if you can borrow a guillotine from someone ) and stick them on. Alternatively you could do the same directly onto card (most printers will take a fairly light weight card as long as you feed it through by hand) doing multiple on a single a4. If you use a nice script font, it won't look odd at all. There are lots out there that look like hand writing (but better ;-)) or alternatively a nice one like palace or champignon. You can download them to your computer from dafont.com HTH

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I bought some plain white placecards from ebay which said they could be printed but I can't see how something so small will go through the printer. I'd wanted to put our initials on the back (which match our invitations and now, all our stationery design). My Dad is writing the names in caligraphy style. He's got a bright pink ink pen which looks cool - I wasn't convinced originally. D thinks we should do black for boys and pink for girls ?

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Quick question;

What do you write for the bride and groom's names? Would you write 'bride', 'groom' or would you write 'MelB' ?

Sorry to hijack!

x

• N
    NicoC ·
    • Hide content

You should be able to print on them as long as you have a custom size setting for your printer. I know it sounds obvious but make sure you put in the size of the card open (not when shut). Practise by cutting some paper down to size first to check you have the alignment right so that you don't waste your lovely cards.

• *Little_Jen*
    Beginner July 2009
    *Little_Jen* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had Bride and Groom on ours as its the only day your ever going to be call ed the bride and Groom!

I got my CBM to write our as she has lovely had writting! heres ours

www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=167930739&photo_id=244990758

• Mel B
    Beginner
    Mel B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that Jen.

Yours look lovely....and i had a little peak at some of your other photo's too- hope you don't mind- beautiful!

x

• *Little_Jen*
    Beginner July 2009
    *Little_Jen* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem at all -peak away! x

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to print mine on ivory card, cut them and stick them to a purple mounting. They are a work in progress at the moment otherwise I would flash a pic

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics