Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2016

place cards

Leelee85, 5 of May of 2016 at 15:25 Posted on Planning 0 21

Hiya,

How is everyone doing their place cards. I wasn't impressed with the ones on Vista print. Are people buying blank ones online and then printing onto them or handwriting on to them?

I don't really know how to go about this?

Ideas welcome

21 replies

Latest activity by Pdr92, 2 of September of 2024 at 13:05
  • Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

I am doing mine like the below image, just with a hand stamp so it looks a bit like type writer font if you see what I mean! The stamps arrived today actually Smiley smile

I think a lot of people if they are buying blank ones will hand write them because I think to try and get a name place card through a home printer would be difficult. My MOH had her step dad do it because he's got lovely curly handwriting that looks really neat!

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

Aspen Lady, if you print yourself will you print lots on one sheet and then cut them out to size?

Maybe I need to look at some more templates, but will be self printing, so it would be a mail merge. Wondering how I print them correctly lol

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

I like those Miss-B but H2B wasnt keen on that style.

So we are going for tent style...

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

Ah ha! I get it now. That's very good. I think that's what I am trying to do. shhh, will use the work printer :-)

Got 150 to do, but should be easy enough only 38 pages haha. There must be a way to mail merge in the names.

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

I bought some plain white foldable ones for about £1.50 at Country Baskets. I've cut a heart shape out of the bottom of each one (with like a stamp cutter) and I'm going to use my best cursive script to write the names on in either my fancy gold or silver pen.

Nobody keeps them do they? I'm definitely not spending money on something that's going in the bin.

To be honest, I thought everybody hand wrote them! I didn't realise you could have special ones printed.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

I have terrible handwriting haha, might be worth finding someone with lovely handwriting though,

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing something similar to Miss-b, in that we have a paper based entertainment pack, and it will be tied together with twine and have a luggage label with a handwritten name on each one.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to print onto the place cards using an at home printer, but I know you can download templates for these kind of things- and you could always do a couple of test runs with normal paper first.

Could always do something alternative and put people's pictures on them?

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

I'm allowed to use the work printer which is great and can print on quite heavy paper/card.

Don't think I have the energy to ge 150 pics for each of our guests. Far too lazy for that.

Beginner November 2016
    1987RAF ·
    • Hide content

Our Venue are doing ours so they will be printed. Having looked at their options, it looks like they get another company to do it but they can pretty much do whatever you want from the sheer number I looked at. We just need to decide what to go for really and let them know a couple of months beforehand.

Its all included in the price otherwise I would have just done a table plan and made everyone fend for themselves with regards to who to sit next to on the table. Afterall, everyone should know how to sit at a table and not make a pigs ear of it (or so I would like to think....)

• Emmy1102
    Beginner September 2016
    Emmy1102 ·
    • Hide content

My mum's best friend is a calligrapher and asked if she could please help out, so she will be writing us gift tags like these:

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I was horrified by the cost of name cards so instead did individual stones (I live by the sea) which doubled up as a favour. Each one was decorated and majority personalised. Cost £8 for a packet of sharpies!

They went down very well and everyone took them away - some were even used at my friends wedding and her grandad now has them in a cabinet as a wedding memento which is really lovely!

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Scottish Sarah, that sounds lovely... I'd love to see a photo if you have any?? I'm thinking of doing the same, with either stones or shells (or both)! Thanks Smiley smile

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having these and writing people's names on with a gold pen. My handwriting is pretty neat so it should be okay but I have bought extras just in case.

I refuse to pay extortionate amounts for name places, invitations etc which just go in the bin!

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Hare a few - we had a rustic country wedding hence bunting on many of them - it's also a great space filler! Rounded light coloured stones work best making sure they are smooth as some rougher ones just absorbed the sharpie colour.

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    Much_ado_about_weddings ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow sooooo nice! Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2015
    Scottish_Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, they definitely has the homemade style about them but everyone loved the effort and they doubled up as favours so no real cost other then time for 120 odd! I think the next day only 2 had been left everyone else took theirs home which seeing favours often get left we were chuffed with!

They do take a while but if you have some friends who are a bit crafty then it soon goes by!

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

The stones are lovely.

So, after all that, we have decided not to do place names at all. People will be allocated a table but they can sit there they like.

Simple hahaha

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

We have a board game theme and scrabble has been dropped in throughout so we have done these...

Got the tiles quite cheap from Amazon and then ordered the tags for 99p from Ebay.

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

Realised my picture never posted! Here's ours Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

Haha!

DIY always seems the best idea at first. I bet they will look lovely though.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are lovely. Well done. I really like them

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics