Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sparkles1984
Beginner

Plain Iced Cakes

sparkles1984, 23 January, 2010 at 14:13 Posted on Planning 0 9

Any HIBs on here that are able to make plain iced cakes for decoration? I live in Wales so delivery would have to be an option, many thanks

9 replies

Latest activity by cola, 24 January, 2010 at 20:33
  • agentblackcat
    Beginner July 2011
    agentblackcat ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah - what about Marks and Spencer they do cakes which are plain and you can stack them and decorate yourself. Hope this helps x

• Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey
    Beginner December 2008
    Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey ·
    • Hide content

Not sure where you're based in Wales, but try Rhianydd at https://www.dragonsanddaffodils.com/index2.html

Just noticed that you're near Cardiff... so don't think you're too far apart.

Dragons & Daffodils Cakes,
    First Floor Studio,
    54 Eirw Rd,
    Britannia,
    Porth,
    Rhondda Cynon Taff.
    CF39 9LU.

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I have looked at them but the cake only stands 16.5 cm when stacked on top of each other. Didnt think this looked very big, was hoping there would be some cake makers on here! hehe

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

Have looked at their website as they are not far from me. Still out of my price range but some stunning cakes on there!

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

How about asking a local bakery? Ive not tried this but i dont know any business that would pass up some extra money in this credit crunch thingy?

even if they normally sold them for 40p and you bought them fot 80p its still very cheap.

xx

• sparkles1984
    Beginner
    sparkles1984 ·
    • Hide content

I have been scouring the web and have been emailing a woman who can do me a 4 tier cake for under £200 but with a £65 delivery charge as she would be coming from Essex to Cardiff.

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sarahv75 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried M&S? They do plain white iced cakes ranging from £12-£55 (only 3 sizes though) https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/food-to-order/cakes They do them in fruit or sponge.

• Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey
    Beginner December 2008
    Debbie Bone Cakes - Surrey ·
    • Hide content

Do you have any family that could bring them across to you Sarah ?

For three plain tiers, we'd be looking at approx £175 if that helped.

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

I put my markies cake on pillars..... it was taller once on a cake stand.

• cola
    Beginner September 2010
    cola ·
    • Hide content

Not sure what your buget is but my advise is stay away from the internet if your after a cheap wedding cake!!!!!!!!!!! i was having a hell of a time finding some thing in my price range online (£150) i ended up trotting off to a local cake shop and picking up a 3 tier sponge with sparkles as icing for £130 and then the decorations cost me another £8! i was so happy with the price ? so maybe a trot around some bakers will be worth your while!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics