Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

**jellytot**

Plain iced sponge cake

**jellytot**, 1 December, 2012 at 13:45 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi ladies,

i normally post over in baby talk but wanted to ask all you wedding planners a quick question.

Im after a plain iced sponge cake for my daughters birthday next Saturday.

Where is the best place to get one? I got the m&s ones when we got married and they looked lovely ( didn't get chance to taste it myself though!) , but was wondering if there's anywhere cheaper. It needs to serve about 25-30 so that would be a large m&s one which is £30 which is more than I wanted to pay since I wanted to decorate it myself. I could probably get one decorated from a bakers for that( not sure though, haven't looked into that as I wanted to do the decoration myself)

ive looked online at asda and tesco and can't seem to find anything so was hoping you lovely ladies would have some suggestions.

Thanks x

3 replies

Latest activity by Teal, 1 December, 2012 at 18:23
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Asda and Tesco definitely do them in store, I've always got ours from there in the past. They do a couple of different sizes too. Last time I bought one it was from Tesco and they were £10, I can't remember the size off hand but it wasn't a small one.

Perhaps actually go in store and have a look? I can never seem to find what I want at supermarkets online.

• **jellytot**
    **jellytot** ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I will pop in and see what I can find. I thought they did do them but was confused I couldn't see them online

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Is this what you want? It says its a medium sized one & going by the pic, I'm sure they also sell a larger one. I just cant see it on their website. I'd call them to see where you can collect one from.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=wedding+cake&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=185016

Sorry, I think the above occasion cake is actually a fruit cake, not sponge!

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I also found this as sainsburys- says it serves 40 & is £15.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics