Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2021 Middlesex

Plan a wedding in 3 months

Julie, 4 of June of 2021 at 00:23 Posted on Planning 1 8

Where to start? And what’s the most important things to do first?

8 replies

Latest activity by Marcie, 22 of June of 2021 at 21:16
  • V
    Beginner April 2023 Worcestershire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    I would say pick a date and secure a venue first!
  • J
    Beginner September 2021 Middlesex
    Julie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have got a date in mind and the venue is available
  • V
    Beginner April 2023 Worcestershire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    If it was me I’d reserve the date and sort the registra out ASAP . I would do everything by phone calls - emails take way to long. Also I would send a message to all your guests if they don’t already know letting them know the date x
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    *Book the registrar and venue. Also when booking the registrar, book your giving notice appointment at the same time.
    *Send out invites.
    *Book any suppliers you need for the day (catering/hair/makeup/photography/disco/florist etc) *shop for wedding attire like suits/dresses/rings. Wedding dress will need to be one you can purchase off the rack as it may not be enough time to have one ordered in. You can always then get it altered.
    The most important things are getting that date booked in with venue and registrar and completing the legal bits with them. We booked our wedding 4 months before the date and have everything nearly sorted (still have 2 months to go!) so it’s possible to do as we’ve done it all in 2 months. All we have left to do is little bits like finishing touches (wedding favours, bridesmaid presents etc)
    Good luck!

• H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    I would agree with previous comments to get the venue and registrar booked first. Then get your dress sorted.
  • MrsHowardtobe2020
    Beginner September 2021
    MrsHowardtobe2020 ·
    • Hide content
    I agree with the above! My brother planned his in 2 months and they did the bug things first- venue, registrar, photographer because they will get booked up fast
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Venue & registrar asap

Once that is done, I'd look at photographers, caterers, florist and transport in that order (easier to get a friend to drive you than a friend to take good photos!)

As for dresses, with three months to go, you're looking at off-the-peg stuff anyway, so I'd leave it till last - then look at mail order, high street stores and second hand shops - anywhere where you can walk away with the dress on the day.

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    As others have said venue , registrar, florist , photographer , you will have to buy a dress off peg as you prob won’t get one made in time. I helped my friend do hers in 6 weeks so it’s definitely doable, good luck x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics