Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

paulapants
Beginner September 2004

Plan a wedding in 3-4 months?

paulapants, 14 May, 2010 at 15:40 Posted on Planning 0 9

My best friend is considering setting a date for Sept/Oct this year...is it possible, do you reckon?

Here's what we've thought of already:

Date - weekday (Thurs or Fri)

Venue - church followed by barn

Caterer - family friend, seeing on Monday

Dress - found one today possibly, which they can get in time to alter etc.

Flowers - family friend

Cake - family

Invitations - DIY (guessing they'd need to go soon!)

How does that sound? Next on the agenda are photographer and band/DJ, I think. I managed to take a full 12 months organising my wedding, so it seems strange to me that we could feasibly do it in just a few months, and yet I can't think of any real reason to panic yet! Come on, scare me with everything I've forgotten!

9 replies

Latest activity by Bec1234, 16 May, 2010 at 18:22
  • Gen28
    Beginner August 2010
    Gen28 ·
    • Hide content

Yep sounds like you have alot done already so i say you can. the invites would have to be going soon-ish but you could make them in a weekend or a couple days.

So go for it, go for it

x

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Definately, my mate did hers in less than 4 months and said it was better than waiting for a year/18months etc

didn't have time to sit and think and dither and change her mind and look at other stuff.

Says it was fab.

Deffo go for it.. off weekend you get a better chance, and also you may get a really good deal as it's last minute.. ;o)

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

The thought kind of fills me with panic but at the same time I think it is better as like ashlil says, your friend will have less time to be indecisive (I literally spent months deciding on colour scheme!) Though she will also miss out on the nice things like wandering round different venues, dress shopping (most importantly!) and flicking through mags, wasting time on forums, etc! But if the priority is to do it in 3 months then it can def be done and at least it's only 3 months stress, not worries for a year or more. there are obviously lots of other bits but as long as they both have something to wear and the venue is booked, legal stuff is done and there is someone to photograph it - and some guests in attendance, she can't go far wrong!

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

A wedding in 3-4 months - definitely doable out of season and in the week too as you say a Thurs/Fri (ideal)! ? Sounds as though it's pretty much organised but I'd definitely get those invites designed and made to get them sent out soon as poss though just to give enough notice for people to book time of work if needed!

I say go for it!

• G
    Beginner July 2010
    Gwyn4940 ·
    • Hide content

It is definitely doable. I am getting married on 4th July and I booked it in the middle of April. The main problem I would think would be the dress, I found one at Monsoon that I love so have not had to contend with attempting to get a more traditional dress. On the internet the guidance is generally 12 weeks to get the dress. I have been lucky that my venue does the catering and DJ so have not had to source anything like that. I firmly believe that planning these things can take as long as you have. I got my wedding rings on line and it only took a week for me to get them.

Good luck!

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

Yep, I agree, it can def be done.....we've not long set the date for November so we now have 6 months. We did have to be flexible on the date, in fact we ended up changing the date to fit in with the flower lady and to make sure my dress will be ready.

I love the fact that I get to do stuff every week now, we're making invites etc ourselves but should only take a weekend to do, As long as you can get a photographer and venue sorted, October may be a bit easier to do as the wedding 'season' is coming to a slow down at that point.

I say got for it and start planning!

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely...I planned my wedding in Thailand followed by the blessing in the UK in 3 months and my sister had an amazing wedding and she did it in 4 months.

• aliaisp
    Beginner July 2010
    aliaisp ·
    • Hide content

WEES - definitely doable. i think having longer just gives us B2Bs more time to get stressed out and panic. if she is really practical and makes detailed lists of what she needs, it will be totally fine. i'd say also ring registrar asap to check availability once they have a firmer date... xx

• paulapants
    Beginner September 2004
    paulapants ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all - I've a feeling I might be back soon for more sanity-checks!

• B
    Beginner August 2010
    Bec1234 ·
    • Hide content

It is definately do-able!!! I am getting married in peak season (1st August) and only got engaged at Christmas and only started really sorting things out in Feb/March. Just definately get the dress sorted like ASAP and send the invites out now if I can offer any advice but other than that, I'd actually recommend planning a wedding quickly as you don't get bogged down with detail, it focuses the mind!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics