Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Curious September 2021 West Midlands

Planning 2021 wedding during Covid-19

Luxuriousgoldhair63616, 4 of April of 2020 at 10:09 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hey, I'm not sure if there is a thread on this already but wanted to reach out in case anyone else was going through the same. I got engaged literally just before Covid-19 took hold. I wouldn't want to wait any longer than getting married next year (mainly due to age) but with everything going on, I'm finding planning really tricky. We live in the UK and want to marry in Ireland (my H2B is Irish). Normally making a visit to see venues would be easy, not so much so during lockdown however! So I'm having to arrange calls to get our many questions answered, having a rough picture of what the venue might look like through online videos and photos. I'm sure it isn't the same as seeing it in person! Plus I'm having a Hindu ceremony which requires picking the right place to accommodate it - Ireland isn't as prepared for that as some parts of the UK.

The added pressure of weddings this year being moved to next year and hence filling up dates is making me stress in booking somewhere quickly so I don't miss out. Yet I don't want to make any rash decisions either.

It's a shame also not being able to celebrate our engagement at the moment. We might do something hopefully when things are better. I'm trying to stay excited though, putting moodboards together, finding creative ways to announce to my bridemaids, seeing what I can make DIY whilst we're at home. As soon as I have a venue booked, I'll be so ready to get going!

Is anyone else planning their wedding next year right now? Have you put your planning on hold? Would be so helpful to know if others are going through the same.

3 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousBlueStationery72146, 26 of April of 2020 at 18:15
  • R
    RomanticGoldCars33377 ·
    • Hide content

My daughter is planning as we speak having recently got engaged. They have a venue, now just sorting band and photographer. Try to enjoy it as much as you can! You only do it once.....hopefully

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBlueConfetti48376 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I'm in totally the same boat as you! I got engaged a few days before lockdown and I live abroad in Canada. We're going to be getting married in the UK so trying to organize everything online. I've found it quite useful as venues and suppliers are being more open to taking bookings without meeting you. I've managed to pencil in venue, caterers, photographer, videographer and florist for a date next year (May 1st). My main concern is similar to yours...will May 1st be far enough away from all this?

I'm keeping going as planned for now, and just checking Covid policies with all of my suppliers and keeping in mind that I may need to postpone!

Good luck!

xx

• L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousBlueStationery72146 ·
    • Hide content

We got engaged in December and booked our venue in Jan for Feb 2021. So unsure what to think at the moment!

For now, we've got venue and photographer booked and that's it. However, I'd been in touch with a few bridal shops before who had suggested starting looking for a dress in May, which isn't going to be possible now!

We've sort of put things on hold- my gut feeling is that there'll still be some form of social distancing around by our date, so we've got 3 different wedding lists at the moment- one if we're limited to 50, one to 100 and one with no limit. No idea whether to think about invitations etc, we'd sent out half the save the dates before lockdown but are unsure whether to send any more out now!

Good luck with everything xx

• L
    Beginner
    LuxuriousBlueStationery72146 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

We got engaged back in December and booked our venue in Jan. We're booked for Feb 15th, 2021 at the moment but really not sure what we should be doing!

So far, we've booked the venue, registrar and photographer and started sending save the dates out just before lockdown. I was going to start looking for a dress next month, but not sure how that'll work now!

We've had a look at our wedding list and come up with an a, b or c list depending on different potential limits on numbers. I'm pretty sure there'll still be some element of social distancing around by our date but my fiance thinks it'll be fine (typical chilled out him!)

We've sort of put everything on hold a bit. It's too soon for us to think about postponing or cancelling, but we're still thinking that it'll be affected in some way.

Congratulations on your engagement! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics