Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daintyane
Curious April 2023 Essex

Planning a decent priced wedding

Daintyane, 25 of June of 2021 at 00:22 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi,

I have been looking into weddings and so far alot of the venue packages I have found are very expenisive for 100 guests so far the cheapest I found being at £10,000 can anyone help with some good tips to cut the price down and any possible venues that are nice but not over priced I am happy with anywhere 2hrs or so from london thank you so much!

That Amazing Place Wedding Venue Harlow, Essex | hitched.co.uk

So far this is the best place I could find but it is still very pricey

5 replies

Latest activity by Jade, 25 of June of 2021 at 18:00
  • B
    Curious March 2022 South East London
    Betka ·
    • Hide content
    I think those are pretty standard prices for a stately home unfortunately. Does that price include a meal package, drinks etc?

If you have your heart set on a stately home it might be time to start negotiating on prices. Can you add budget from your “food and drinks” budget by asking the venue to include the meal and two drinks per guest at that price? Can you cut your “decor” budget by asking what they will include? If they have rooms, can you negotiate for the bridal suite to be included etc?
    If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Think about everything you would need to be included at that price and work from there.
    (I used to book events for marketing all the time. We were always always always under budget and venues always found a way to make it work).
    If you’re not set on a stately home, consider nice country pubs, nature spots, museums etc. Pubs in particular can be an absolute bargain but you have to kiss a few frogs 😂
  • Daintyane
    Curious April 2023 Essex
    Daintyane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for the advice we are not set on stately homes really we like the idea of natural looking buildings so the garden is really what attracted us to that venue.
    the price given will include food, drinks standard decor, chairs, linen and dj as well as afternoon food

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Clearwell Castle is amazing and do very good packages also Tracy park near Bath. Also have you thought about a Sunday or weekday wedding as they will reduce costs. Ours is £3000 cheaper as it’s a bank holiday Sunday.
  • Daintyane
    Curious April 2023 Essex
    Daintyane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi,
    thank you so much we are happy to go for the cheaper days as we are flexible with the date sadly with 100 guests we have found that the prices can be pretty high only option we can see is possibly bringing guest prices down if that is possible.

• Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I have been to weddings at That Amazing Place and it is lovely! Only downside I found with it is all the separate rooms meant everyone was never in the same room at once in the evening! We have booked The Barns at Lodge Farm in Epping - it’s a blank canvas venue which means you can bring in all your own suppliers so can keep it cheap and also means you can do whatever you want food wise! We have opted for BBQ in day and Pizza Van in the evening we can also provide our own alcohol for drinks reception and meal which also keeps cost down! By choosing a Thursday in May the cost of venue with all tables chairs etc included and 2 co-ordinators is costing £4500. Only downside if travelling is there is no overnight Accomodation provided.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics