Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner September 2026 West Midlands

Planning a wedding abroad - on a budget!

MikeD, 22 of September of 2024 at 10:47 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0
Hi all
New to the group and seeking some advice.
For background, we originally got married in 1998, spent a fortune, had 3 great children, divorced in 2008, realised our expensive mistake that there was no one else for either, got back together in 2014, and now planning to remarry....Smiley winkingSo, as a result, we would love to marry abroad but spend the money on the holiday with the family, and get married along the way in the most cost effective way!The holiday we are considering is the USA, probably for 3 weeks, the majority of the time being on the West Coast, so somewhere down there would be great.The alternative that my other half likes is a beach wedding in Greece, then taking off for the US, but I'm not sure this is possible without the expensive package (for context and in my other half's words - 'would love it if was just the 5 of us on a beach, get married, then have a BBQ after'....trying to manage expectations that it may not be that simple!Cheers for reading the long post, any advice is greatly appreciated!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics