Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner

Planning our vow renewal and need your help!

gottheteeshirt, 7 September, 2010 at 12:47 Posted on Planning 0 3

We're renewing our vows in May 2011. It will be held in a church in London (we live in the midlands) and most likely be just me and my husband with no guests.

I need your help though, so if you've got any ideas on the following, I'd be very grateful:

I want a new ring - a fancy wedding ring so I don't need to wear my engagement ring. Ideally I'd like white gold/platinum but most of all I want it to match my husband's ring. He doesn't want to change his really and he has yellow gold. I may be able to swing him with some swit swoo ideas, can anyone show me a fabulous website or two?

Has anyone got any ideas for us to make the service special? The vicar isn't charging us so I don't want to put him about but would like 'something' other than just us 3 in a very big church in almost silence. Do we even walk down the aisle?!

Dress.. I need a beautiful dress. WE're going to Claridges after so it needs to be suitable for that. Any ideas?

Any other tips?

Thank you brides to be :o)

3 replies

Latest activity by debmci, 7 September, 2010 at 14:44
  • laura@smooch
    laura@smooch ·
    • Hide content

Hi gottheteeshirt, welcome to hitched!

Smooch have got hundreds of ring designs if you'd like to check them out...

We can also make a ring to your design if that's something you'd be interested in?

Happy to answer any questions you may have

Laura x

https://www.smoochrings.co.uk/

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Hiya! Welcome to hitched!! Renewing your vows is a lovely idea! Would you not be tempted to have even parents there!??

You could still walk down the aisle im sure, to your hubby, do your vows and walk out together. Or you could go in together and back out together. I think its entirely up to yourself with the renewing vows thing. If there are 2 aisles, you could take an aisle each and meet at the front!

• G
    Beginner
    gottheteeshirt ·
    • Hide content

Thanks laura, off to have a look at your website.

Deb- really not keen on having the parents there most of all. I don't think either set would appreciate our reasons for doing it in the first place. I like the idea of us both walking down seperate aisles, I bet that could be arranged!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see! Well you know your own situation so you know what is best for you both. It would be lovely as well for just the 2 of you! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics