Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner December 2021 Durham

Planning with Covid!

Eve, 7 of January of 2021 at 12:01 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hi all,
My other half proposed Christmas Day & we have booked our wedding for December 2021. I thought I would be happy to sit back and wait once the church and venue were booked until we knew more about restrictions but I can’t help but find myself wanting to arrange more. Is anyone else the same?
I’m worried if we get the go ahead things will be fully booked but also feel I can’t arrange catering etc as I don’t know numbers and things yet. Such uncertain times for all can’t imagine how others with spring/ summer weddings may be feeling. Keeping everything crossed for some soon to be normality. Eve x

8 replies

Latest activity by Elen, 10 of January of 2021 at 20:41
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'd certainly look at booking things like photographer/hairdresser/florist asap - due to the number of weddings that have been postponed from 2020, good suppliers are going to be more booked up than usual - our photographer only did 4 weddings apart from ours in 2020, and ALL their other couples have moved to 2021!

Caterers should have the flexibility to adjust for numbers closer to the date - it would be worth at least talking to the ones you are interested in, to find out what their postponement/alteration policies would be.

• S
    Beginner August 2021
    SunnyOrangeHair84394 ·
    • Hide content

Agree with the above - get your caterer, and photographer sorted but make sure the contract allows for price deviation based on numbers.

Wait for the other stuff. Also check what the venue's contract says about pushing (just in case!).

• Elen
    Beginner September 2022 Gwynedd
    Elen ·
    • Hide content
    Snap! Got engaged Boxing Day and I just can’t stop researching and looking into things! I’m sure my bf is already regretting it, ha! But I’m the same, I feel like suppliers are going to be so much more for the 2021/2022 I just want it sorted! Haven’t booked anything yet as we want to view venues first! So frustrating!

X
  • A
    Beginner August 2022 Buckinghamshire
    Abbie ·
    • Hide content
    Hi ? I feel exactly the same! We got engaged in August, and after both initially agreeing to both be patient and wait "a couple of years", we've both found ourselves moving the date forward in our minds.

The more I look, the more I wish it was happening sooner. It's only normal I think, the excitement you feel picturing your big day, makes it harder to wait.
    Covid makes that even worse, as you know that you can't control that element. We are holding in our minds the possibility and hope of an end of year wedding, but know next year may be safer.
    It's hard not being able to book anywhere whilst they're shut due to COVID, and prioritising cancelled weddings from last year.
    I just try to keep myself busy, have put the worst case scenario date in my mind (end of next year) and as much as possible, keep myself away from planning, as it doesn't help my impatience. My partner and I talk about it all often, discussing what we want etc.... One benefit to waiting a little longer is, we unearth new ideas and chip away layers of creating the day for others Vs what we want.
    I apologise for the novel here - this waffle basically boils down to: you're not alone, and as hard as it is, try and keep your mind occupied on something else whilst Covid is around. It will pass, and then you can throw yourself into planning full force ☺️ I know I will be!!
  • Kelly
    Worcestershire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    It is difficult times indeed but I would always recommend plan for the wedding you want and also plan a back up plan I.e what is the least amount of guests that you’d consider going ahead with if government restrictions and then when it get closer to the day you will have a plan for both. The reality is that no one knows so cross the bridge when it gets to decision time. Everyone will understand the difficulty you are faced with!
    Hope this helps, for more information check out my wedding planning page on Instagram @kelly_anneweddings
  • E
    Eve ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies for all the advice ☺️
    This weekend I went ahead and booked the photographer, hair and make up and I guess as you’ve said I’ll have to decide/change to suit nearer the time x
  • E
    Eve ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine said he didn’t think I’d become so obsessed ? Whoopsie! X
  • Elen
    Beginner September 2022 Gwynedd
    Elen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha!! Easier said than done I think! X