Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2012

Plant centrepieces

sc2347, 21 May, 2011 at 07:45 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi everyone,

I'm toying with the idea of having plant pots as table centrepieces rather than flowers - I was thinking of maybe minature roses or a lilly in a nice pot with some matching ribbon around it. I've had a look on the internet but havent seen anything similar to what im thinking. Is anyone else using plants rather than flowers? Would be great if someone could flash me some pictures?

Thanks!

:-)

6 replies

Latest activity by Treacle76, 21 May, 2011 at 18:46
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I would advise against lilies in pots on the tables as they can be strongly perfumed and can be uncomfortable for some guests who suffer from allergies like hayfever. Miniature roses would look lovely or if you want something with a little bit more height, phalaenopsis orchids which can be bought either fresh or artificial and given to guests as presents afterwards:-

These above are artificial ones - real ones can be bought from supermarkets, garden centres or M & S.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Here you go:

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sc2347 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Both - these look great!. Think i meant Orchid rather than lilly - really really bad with getting flower names confused!!!

Think the mini roses with the petals scattered looks lovely!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A few more ideas for you:

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

My friend had potted blue hydrangeas on her tables. They looked lovely.

• Treacle76
    Beginner February 2012
    Treacle76 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if it is really what you were looking for but my cousin had these miniature potted trees for her centrepeices. They are artificial and the 'leaves' part of the tree looks like a ball of roses with ribbon tied at the base. She had black as her colour scheme was monochrome but I believe they come in different colours:

Sorry picture is not great, only one I could find x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics