Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ohwhatatuesday
Beginner May 2014

Plea to all creative people! I need some invite photo inspiration

Ohwhatatuesday, 19 of July of 2013 at 22:21 Posted on Planning 0 6

I'm appealing to all those more creative than me (everyone I'm guessing). I'm looking for some inspiration for an invite idea we have. We're looking to make polaroid style images a bit of a theme of the day - we're planning on having polaroid style pics of everyone instead of table numbers, photo style table plan, polaroid photos of us on the guestbook/card table etc. To tie it in we'd like to do a polaroid style invite (a bit like the idea below I've seen on pinterest (though we'll be putting it together a bit differently and we're planning to have the word wedding inivitation on the white bit or something similar)

The only problem is, I'm struggling to find a pic I'd be happy with, if I can help it I'd rather not have a standard photo of us as I hate the idea of my face being on the front of invites and I'm a bit worried it would be a bit too cheesy. But for it to work we need to have a pic of something that says us and wedding! Any ideas of how I can do this without a photo of us? If possible at all?

All ideas, however crazy would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

6 replies

Latest activity by Ohwhatatuesday, 21 of July of 2013 at 19:17
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

What about getting someone to take a picture of the back of you both (either sat down or holding hands or something)?

You could have a 'wedding' sign near you?

e.g. (ridiculously quickly drawn - sorry!):

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Yep, maybe on a bench with a beautiful view (beach, hills etc) with your heads in together. Photo taken from behind. Something simple Smiley smile

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Both - back of us is a really good idea, don't know why I didn't think of that!! And thanks for the picture Kharv! Like the idea of having a sign saying wedding or something similar actually in the shot, and a nice location. Was trying to work something in that was us but not too obvious. Thank you!

• Snyffa
    Beginner October 2013
    Snyffa ·
    • Hide content

A picture of you holding hands

If you have your hand where the mans is in the photo it could show off your engagement ring?

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I like the idea of holding ands too - have found an photo that's a pic of a couple's shadow that we could try to do too - so will have a play around with some of these - thanks again for the ideas

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

My friend had this as her fb profile picture for a while. You cold try something similar? Will delete after a bit!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Ooh that's perfect thanks Kharv, loving the shadow idea and I really like this kind of pose - it's really cute. Think we'll go for either something like this or the hands, depending on what can get to work best. Will start experimenting while there's plenty of sunshine for the shadows!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics