Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner July 2011

Please can anyone recommend a seamstress in Southampton or surrounding areas?

kinneyl, 4 July, 2010 at 11:33 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi Girls,

Please can any recommend a seamstress for alterations in the Southampton or surrounding area? My dress is now too big as I've lost just over a stone (which I'm happy about!) and I don't think the dress should be too difficult to alter as it is a lace up back corset style. I think they will just take part of the panels away as at the moment the laces are too close together. As the dress cost me a lot of money I don't want to just pick someone out of the yellow pages, so any help or tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance x

5 replies

Latest activity by lisaloulou, 4 July, 2010 at 21:44
  • Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am a southampton bride too. Where are you getting married and when?

This is the lady doing mine.

http://www.sewstunning.co.uk/

They are a small family business and i know they are good because they have done two of my friends wedding dresses and are currently in the process of doing mine, both taking it in and shortening the train. They are also making me a hoop.

HTH

• K
    Beginner July 2011
    kinneyl ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Ooh my first city Twin! I'm not getting married until 02 July 2011. We're getting married at the registry office followed by a reception at the Novotel.

What about you? I see from your ticker you only have 2 months to go...where are you getting married?

Thanks for the recommendations. Just out of interest did you get your dress from them? They look pretty good and you have been recommeded too so I will check them out. How much are they charging you?

I bought my dress at the end of last year which I know may seem pretty crazy but I had my heart set on it and couldn't find any other one I liked as much but it was out of my budget! Came across a brand new sample so had to go for it thinking I didn't want to lose any weight and now I have...

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply and good luck with your planning. I hope you have a wonderful day!

• K
    Beginner July 2011
    kinneyl ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

If you could let me know how you get on that would be great...only 1 month and a bit to go for you....how exciting!

Thanks again ;-)

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi

No probs. No i didnt, i got mine made by another lady. She said to me roughly £40-£60 for the alteration work and £25 for the hoop. They are quite cheap.

Oooh i went in the Novotel the other day a friend of mine was staying there, they have done it all up and it looks fab, really modern.

We are getting married here.

/our-hotels/south-england/the-new-forest/macdonald-elmers-court-hotel-resort/

If you find the one thats not crazy, when you know you know!!

If you need any more info let me know.

Happy Planning!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hello I'm in Southampton too!

There's a dressmaker on my links page http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/links.html who made my BM dresses from scratch but TBH if Becky and Sange have recs for wedding dresses that sounds a good bet as wedding dresses with corsertry etc are very different to BM dresses!

Lisa x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics