Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2011

please flash your alternatives to veil and tiara xxx

amythest76, 31 August, 2010 at 14:44 Posted on Planning 0 20

I really dont want to wear a veil or tiara and would like maybe a simple flower, or feathery type thing-nothing too huge....

would love to see pics of anyone elses hair accessories

xx

20 replies

Latest activity by sara 40, 31 August, 2010 at 19:01
  • bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amethyst! :-)

I didn't want a veil or tiara either, always wanted fresh flowers... if you want to go with fresh flowers that will actually last for a whole day, you may find the choice quite limited - depending on your floral scheme, in the end I opted for 5 individualy wired white rose buds dotted through my hair... I loved it and they lasted till 6am the following morning!! :-) x

Here's a MaaHOOOOsive pic... sorry! :-) x

You can only really make out 2 of them in this picture... but it gives you an idea :-) xxx

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content

Ah thanks for that-gorgeous by the way!!! (and love your dress)

x

• bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

Awww... cheers Amethest :-)

A friend of mine went for 3 white orchids pinned into the back of of a low french bun - looked STUNNING during the ceremony but after hugging several relatives afterwards they ended up completley crushed and broken.... :-( she was pretty upset about it - I was surprised the florist hadn't brought up how delicate they are... x

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Bringon2010 - sorry to hijack this thread - but your dress is amazing! I am looking for something like this but everything is strapless and the same, where is this from?!

• W
    Beginner March 2011
    wedhead ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous hair and dress!

I'm planning on having a birdcage veil depending on whether it goes with my dress or not. If not, then some kind of feathery fascinator but definitely no tiara or veil, good luck with your hunt!

x

• bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi blueeyedgirl!

Thanks so much!! x

? :-)

My dress was by Pronovias, the style is Helena - it was in the Spring 2009 range and I *think* it has been discontinued now.... Mines for sale by the way - size 12! ;-)

It was a beautiful dress to wear, held me in in all the right places and has a long train (that's why I decided against a tiara or veil) the dress kind of speaks for itself (I thought so anyway) :-) x

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=pronovias+helena&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=zhl9TM_qJdm5jAfy1t3TDg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDMQsAQwAw

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Its so nice! I am struggling to find any dresses with straps or anything like that - did u just go to a normal bridal shop? I have been to 6 boutiques now and they are all strapless which I just dont want! Its really frustrating. I think I am just going to keep on looking....

Ah I wish I was a size 12, but sadly no! Shame!

x

• bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi again!

I originally thought I wanted long sleeves that came to a point (medieval style) I remember the lady in the first shop I went into in Northern ireland was SO RUDE and basically told me that Sleeves and Straps weren't fashionable (old witch) and the very next one I went into they had a selection of about 25 dresses with either sleeves or straps... just keep hunting Dolly! The One is out there for you!!!

P.S. Which Castle are you getting married in? I was married in a Scottish one... Oxenfoord - t'was lovely :-) x

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

I wore a side headband from halo & co - expensive, but v.pretty (am hoping it will become an heirloom, so i can force my daughters to wear it!)

have you looked on chezbec? they have some really lovely headbands and flowers.

• W
    Beginner March 2011
    wedhead ·
    • Hide content

I had the same problem as I didn't want a strapless dress, but I found one I love and am having straps added. You could try that?

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Its just frustrating as I go in and look thru...sleeveless...sleveless...sleveless...ahhh! Snow and sleeveless blindness!

Belfast Castle - http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/belfastcastle/weddings.asp

Thanks - will keep up the hunt - glad I started early! :-)

• bringon2010
    Beginner May 2010
    bringon2010 ·
    • Hide content

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING venue! :-)

I'm originally from Northern Ireland, and have been to a wedding there before and the staff, service, food, views EVERYTHING was just amazing! GOOD CHOICE!!!! :-) xxx

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Blueeyedgirl - I wanted something with straps and found a fair few. What's your budget? It seemed to me that the more you are prepared to spend, the more choice you have! The other option is to have straps or sleeves added to a strapless one. Perhaps more of a faff but completely customised.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Thank-you ?

We wanted a venue that meant something to us and my OH is from Belfast and when I used to live with him we'd often go up to the castle and cavehill park, so we have some nice memories already. Its so nice at night as u can look over the whole city lit up and across the loch....gives me goosebumps talking about it. You can even see the castle spires from OH's old bedroom.

PLUS as its council run its a bargain! Well not a bargain, but very good value in wedding terms!

Cant wait !

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

I have tried a few with straps added but still want one with the structure and support (I have big boobs) that a strapped style gives, its more that than the look. I know what style suits me and that just does as it takes out in under your boobs and is very flattering.

I really dont want to spend over £1000 on the dress, even that much makes me swoon a little!!

S xx

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hi

There are plenty of alternative to a tiara and veil. Lots of ideas can be found on my website www.louloubelle.co.uk and my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/louloubelledesigns

I'd love to help so please do get in contact on ****@***********.**.** if you would like any info or advice. I also offer a free bespoke design service if there isn't something perfect in my current ranges.

Have posted some ideas below but of course it woudl be good to see a photo of your dress and know your hair style (can't see other posts at the moment if you have posted these already!)

How about a side tiara?

A versatile band which can be worn with many styles

or a gorgeous comb

Lisa x

www.louloubelle.co.uk

• Charlied
    Beginner October 2010
    Charlied ·
    • Hide content

I have now bought 4 different things, as I also didnt want tiara and veil and still cant make up my mind. Cant flash now though as OH is hovering, will try and sneak in to later

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Hi

As well as making bridal tiara's etc; I also make fascinators. If you have a look at my website you can see some designs I've done. Everything I do is hand made to order so I can change elements of anything to suit your needs & requirements.

I hope this helps. Loads of options for you.

K

www.katievaledesigns.com

Here are some designs I've done recently.

Wedding guest wanted a colouful flower:

Bride had a selection of Blossom Pins throughout her hair:

Bride wanted something simple so I designed her this small decoration & it was pinned into the front of her hair:

This feathered flower is on my website & can be made in any colour:

• A
    Beginner August 2011
    amythest76 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Katie I am already umming and ahhing over your beaded flowers on your website which i love-now I love that feathered flower!!!! what size is it?

• Katie V
    Katie V ·
    • Hide content

Thank you. The feathered flower as you see it is about the size of my palm, just a little bigger! Hang on where's my tape measure.........I can't find it at the moment. I'm guessing at 5". However as said everything is hand made to order, so I can adjust it's size to suit you.

Here are the pins she had close up..........

And this is a cream chiffon hair slide flower (same as the colourful one in the above post) but this was done for a bridesmaid recently. (apologies for the poor photo quality!!)

• sara 40
    sara 40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amythest

I have wedding combs which can be worn without a veil

please feel free to have a look at the web site or my facebook page

hope this helps

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics