Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2012

please HEEEP! what time of day should i get married?

summer68, 13 January, 2012 at 22:50 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi Im new to this forum, Im realy streesing about my long waited for wedding. I have a choice of getting married at 1pm or 3.30 and I cant make up my mind. Im getting married and having the reception at the same venue, If i get married at 3.30 i can get ready at the venue, but only half and hour drinks and photos and 8.30 first dance. If i marry at 1 I will need to get ready at home and sneek into the hotel to change into my dress. We are only having 60 guests and im worried that they may get bored waiting around for a hour and a half for the breakfast. so advice pleeeese, thankyou!!!

12 replies

Latest activity by summer68, 15 January, 2012 at 00:13
  • E
    Beginner August 2011
    engaged2011 ·
    • Hide content

I was advised to go for 1.30 as opposed to 3.00pm as the later you leave it, the later the evening guests can come and if things dont run to schedule, you might fron the evening celebrations come to an end just as they are getting good?!

But what do you feel more comfortable doing? Can you ask the hotel if you can get in any earlier so you can change there even if you do go for the earlier time?

plus the day is meant to fly by as it is, so surely its best to make use of as much time as possible?! xx

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at 1pm, service takes around 30 mins and then we're serving pimms/wine/bucks fizz for our guests (about 50) for an hour or so while pics are taken and then we're moving on to our reception venue a 10-15 min drive away for the sit down meal for 3.30ish and the evening invites will say from 7pm onwards

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married at 2..

i wanted 1.30 but the cheeky registrar wanted it at 2 because we're getting married on a friday and it might get it the way of peoples lunch times!!!

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 12.30...i am getting ready at the hotel, we are all staying over the night before, clearly me and OH in seperate rooms, we are having a big family meal the night before....

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    Bronte ·
    • Hide content

We aw getting married at 2pm. I wanted much later, probably 4pm but then my photographer pointed out there wouldn't be any light left for photographs as it is a December wedding.

• *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 12pm - I wanted 1pm but someone had already booked that time ?

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

I would prefer the earlier time as it gives you the rest of the day to enjoy x

• tonileehall
    Beginner August 2012
    tonileehall ·
    • Hide content

They only had one time left for me, so didnt really have a choice. Ours is 12pm which I thouht was REALLY early.

We are getting married at a hotel, so I will be geting ready there too. They have proivded a 'getting ready' room. Although my family (and possible me) will be staying th night before too so I can just go to u mums room.

• Macca87
    Beginner August 2012
    Macca87 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding is at 12pm (church service) and then onto the reception venue. So we will get there about 1.30pm. My reasoning was the earlier we start the longer the party is!!

• P
    Beginner June 2012
    Pockers ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 11.30.... really early and think I will need to be up about 5 in the morning. We didn't want to have a day/evening thing for our guests though so having light lunch for family coming to the ceremony and then 160 people coming at 4.30

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content

Hi there & welcome to hitched ?

My advice would be to go for the 1:30 ceremony as half an hour really isn't long at all for your drinks reception & your photos. We recommend at least an hour and a half between the end of your ceremony and going in for your wedding breakfast as this allows 15 minutes for the drinks & a a mingle with your guests, then 30 minutes for the group photos, 30 minutes for photos of the bride & groom on their own, then another 15 minutes to mingle before they go in for your meal.

I'm sure your guests will be ok waiting an hour and a half for their meal as that's the norm really, plus they'll all want to say hello to each other and catch up with other friends & family.

Hope that helps

Ali x

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

I'm a late one. 3pm.

My reason for this is

1. There is a long break between the I do's and the breakfast. Last thing I want is people getting bored and start to drink far too early!

2. Alot of people who are coming own their own businesses and it would give them chance to get stuff sorted for the day and have time to get ready.

3. I get plenty of time to get any last minute bits done

4. and finally get any stress spots that decide to appear over night covered up!

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    summer68 ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou for the advice, lovely to get so many views. I cant get ready at the venue as its a exclusive use venue and the previous bride on the friday doenst have to leave until 12. Also th eonly way to get to the venue is over a footbridge, so I will most probablyy bump into guests on my way in. Do you think this matters?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics