Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner March 2017

Please help

SunnyPurpleCakes786, 25 of April of 2017 at 11:16 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi there I'm getting married on a budget and looking for a reasonably priced wedding dress. I've found a couple on HER DRESS and DEVOTION and was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have purchased a custom made dress from any of these sites or similar and what was your experience?

I'm a little reluctant to order from these sites as the reviews are poor.

Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced good wedding dress web sites?

Thank you

11 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBlueDiamonds624, 3 of May of 2017 at 20:04
  • H
    Beginner July 2018
    HappyYellowDecor400 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I am looking for a budget dress too, looked on all of the sites but like you so worried about ordering from any as they don't get great reviews and if it's wrong it's a huge waste of cash. I am planning on hunting for a dress at somewhere like Wed2be. It's an off the shelf type place so starting price is about 400-500 quid. But at least I know it fits and it is what I want rather than working from a picture on a website and crossing my fingers that they don't let me down.

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

Personally I'd opt for something you can see and try on. Sample sales are great for bargains, or like PP said Wed2B is fantastic.

xx

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from Wed2B and it was brilliant. All the reliability of a boutique without the massive price tag. Definitely worth a look.

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    SomethingBlue11 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also on a budget and ended up going for a Grace Loves Lace gown, but it depends what style you want. I found that going to bridal boutiques to see what suits you helps. Then if there's a dress you like you could always look at 2nd hand options on stillwhite.com or sample sales!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

It's definitely worth going to bridal shops and seeing what they have- the shop I got my dress from does a '£400' package that includes a dress, tiara and veil- and some of the dresses are stunning- as it happens the dress I chose wasn't from the 'package' rail, but from their 'sale rail'- prices on there started as low as £100 (though typically the one I chose was the most expensive one!!) so definitely worth looking in bridal shops even if you think you can't afford them!

• B
    Beginner July 2018
    Blondie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Most of the bridal shops I went to offered to sell me the sample dresses and offered up to 50% discount on them!

One had only been in the shop for two weeks too so would have been a great offer.

You could call a few boutiques near you and see whether this was an option they do? You could then save a fair bit on your perfect dress.

x

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Be honest about your budget and you'll be fine. As long as the bridal shop know how much you're spending they won't bring dresses you can't afford. And if they do then ditch them.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

Berketex in Debenhams had some really well priced gowns from as little as £200, the collection is called Emily Fox. Here is the website, you can go in and try then on in big Debenhams stores.

http://www.berketexbride.com/wedding-dresses?&F1=Emily%20Fox&Page=1

Also if you don't mind second hand Oxfam have wedding dress shops.

Hope some of that helps.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

The one I bought unseen that was my measurements I didn't like so was a waste of money not a saving. The dress I wore was a bridal shop sample sale. I would definately go for something you can try on.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    LuxuriousPinkDecor346 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine from wed2be and it really is my dream dress, would defo recommend a look they have so many dresses in lots of different styles, and as others have said very good prices x

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

It's really difficult because you do hear horror story's about people ordering offline. I personally decided against it mainly because my family really didn't want me to risk it and didn't want to miss out on the shopping experience so they all put money to increase my budget.

This may sound weird but Oxfams have a bridal department in some of there shops. They have a lot of designer dresses at a fraction of the price and loads are brand new. The one near me had the whole upstairs laid out like a proper bridal shop, you made an appointment and they had staff that only worked on the bridal department so they knew there stuff. The only reason I didn't get mine there was that they didn't have much over a size 22 but if your below that size you'll have lots of choice.

• RomanticBlueDiamonds624
    Beginner September 2018
    RomanticBlueDiamonds624 ·
    • Hide content

I was at a wedding fair on Monday and there were a couple of local bridal shops there selling their sample gowns for less than half price so maybe there's something like that near you? Either that or you could follow some of your local boutiques on social media to spot if there are any sales happening. Hope you find the dress of your dreams within your budget!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics