Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner January 2007

PLEASE HELP!!

SunnyRedDecor91178, 29 of December of 2019 at 21:53 Posted on Planning 0 2

SO i have a unique situation. I am a sperm donor baby so I don't know my dad. My sister got married a few years ago and had our Mom walk her down the aisle and so I figured my Mom would expect the same for me so when I decided that I may want to have my fiance's step dad, who I have become very close with since I moved from Michigan to Florida, walk me down the aisle the first thing I did was call my Mom and ask her if she would be ok with it. She said yes and time when on. I finally asked my fiance's step dad and he said he would walk me down the aisle and when my sister seen it on facebook she sent me a text asking why I did that. I told her I has spoken to Mom about it and she was fine with it and asked why she brought it up if Mom was upset or something. My mom then calls me saying I never called her or talked to her about it and then got really upset and now I feel stuck in the middle. I would have never asked him if she was NOT OK with it and she is now hell bent on saying I never asked. I KNOW I DID!!!! What do I do now?

2 replies

Latest activity by Paula @ Ollievision, 31 of January of 2020 at 16:18
  • P
    Curious April 2020
    pearlycat210 ·
    • Hide content

Is your aisle wide enough to have both your mother and the stepfather to walk you, one either side? Perhaps this could be a nice compromise

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 Online ·
    • Hide content

Could you give your mum something else to do - like a reading or a speech, so she feels involved?

My mum has chopped and changed on a couple of things - I think sometimes, they change their minds or other people's expectations make them feel they 'ought' to be doing something.

My father died a few years ago, so I discussed who would walk me down the aisle with my mum, and she agreed that with her uncertain health, it wouldn't be a good idea for her to do it and suggested one of my uncles (who I'd already thought would be a good person to ask). So I asked him, and then later, a few people told her that she should be the one to do it and it was terrible that I'd asked my uncle instead, so then she started saying it ought to be her instead!!!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I suppose your mum would have been so surprised by the suggestion that she felt she had to agree to it. I can understand why she initially said it would be OK but is still very upset. Her reaction is natural and predictable.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics