Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner

Please help - hall hire in kent

kentishbride, 31 of August of 2008 at 17:36 Posted on Planning 0 6

We are getting married in maidstone, kent and were planning to hire a hotel and have a wedding breakfast followed by the evening reception. Due to finances and the impending credit crunch, there is no longer any way we can do this. We are instead getting married in the registry office and looking to have a late afternoon wedding, followed by the evening reception missing out the sit down meal. Our hotel we looked at dont do this so i was wondering if any of you people knew of a nice hall or hotel function room suitable, that was reasonably cheap as we need to cut costs on this area massively. We would prefer it to be either in maidstone or medway.

TIA ?

6 replies

Latest activity by salemshal, 3 of September of 2008 at 19:07
  • millymolly83
    Beginner August 2010
    millymolly83 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Not sure about venue's in maidstone as we are in Ashford. Have you tried www.akentishceremony.com

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

Which hotel were you originally looking at? i know there's a few in maidstone - a best western for one. there's also the king charles hotel in gillingham, though i have no idea about pricing.

have you also thought about a function room above a pub maybe? i don't know maidstone or medway very well but i'm sure you could find a fab pub with a function room for hire.

have a look at a kentish ceremony - i used that to find a venue.

hth x

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your replies.

I have looked on the website a kentish ceremony and emailed a few of the venues, including the King Charles Hotel - trouble is most actual hotels want you to have a package - which is what we need to avoid. May need to start looking at pub halls and social clubs.

Any more ideas greatfully recieved x

• Juicymelons
    Beginner May 2010
    Juicymelons ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm sorry I don't know Maidstone very well, I have only lived in Kent for just over a year. I hope you find something, I know in my village we have a hall, it has a kitchen and when decorated looks great, so they do exist !!

Will this link help ?

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/

Good luck in your search ?

• November Bride
    Beginner November 2008
    November Bride ·
    • Hide content

We had our engagement party at the King Charles Hotel and it was lovely. If I remember rightly we didn't have to pay any money for the hall hire but we just had to hire bar staff for the evening (something like £60 for one member of staff and if you had over 100 ppl you had to have 2 members of staff). Depends if you want them to provide food but we provided our own and we had a really good evening.

For our wedding reception we are going to Beechen Hall. It is in Walderslade (down from Bridgewood Manor). To hire it it costs about 310 for the whole Saturday (something like that). It comes with a kitchen and big car park and my SIL2B had her wedding reception there 5 years ago and she said it was fantastic (hence why we are using it!). So as long as you dont need it on 1st November then I would recommend that hall!

• twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

Hi. I know you prob have but have you checked with all of your local golf clubs. The one where I am having my wedding reception does not have a minimum guest requirement, and have also given us £100 discount for having the meal in a smaller room to be extended for the evening reception. I did not have to choose to have a full sit down either. I could have had a bbq or buffet for approx 10-15/head. (its in Ash though, so maybe a bit out of your way).

The only other suggestion I have, which I looked into was a pub called the Moat in Wrotham, where they would section off part of the pub, and part of the garden for you. They could either do a sit down for approx £20/head without drinks or bbq for £10 a head. Sorry, I dont know any in the areas which you asked for, but wrotham is not too far away from maidstone (is it?!)

• S
    Beginner September 2009
    salemshal ·
    • Hide content

Hi kentish bride

were getting married at upchurch river valley golf club next september ..its just outside medway (were in rainham) were not having a sit down meal either just an evening buffet (our budget just wouldnt stretch) they also have a nice veranda with seating for smokers that they decorate with lanterns . they dont charge for the hall just for the buffet and they provide all the linen, crockery and serviettes in your choice of colour etc.

it might be worth giving them a call the lady we spoke to was wendy the wedding advisor.

hope that helps

salemshal xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics