Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2014

Please help me cancel my hairdresser

BigRedCandle, 18 of April of 2014 at 13:19 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi, apologies for what I'm sure is a repeated thread, but I can't find anything when searching!

I had a hair trial with a lady a few weeks ago and have sort-of booked her to do my hair on the wedding day (however have not yet paid any deposit nor has she even quoted me a price for on-the-day hair). I now do not want to go with her for a few reasons (didn't feel like she listened to me when I described, and showed photos of, my hair ideas, so I ended up not being happy with my hair at the trial; she was late to the trial; she may be moving an hour away so could potentially be even later on the wedding day) and have found someone else, so I am looking for suggestions on how to word my cowardly text or email to let her know I no longer want her to do my hair. However she is a friend of my mums so I am hoping to make her hate me as little as possible.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and thank you for reading this far.

6 replies

Latest activity by BigRedCandle, 20 of April of 2014 at 22:21
  • SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Get your mum to do it!

• lottie.f
    Beginner July 2014
    lottie.f ·
    • Hide content

You could say you have decided to do it yourself due to lack of money, or that a friend has offered to do it for free. That way you can say you'd really love to use her, but unfortunately you have realised you can't afford it. Bit sneaky but would save her feelings.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Don't say you can't afford it if she is a friend of your mums she might offer to do it for free. How about your bridesmaids booked one as a surprise gift or a friend is doing it or you won a free hairdresser in a competition.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Yeah you could say that your OH booked another hairdresser as a wedding pressie, and he had to tell you when you mentioned your mums friend.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Surely you could just put "I've decided to go a different way"? If she's a professional she'll have experienced this before and shouldn't take it personally. Have you spoken to your mum about how disappointed you were with the trial? If she knows, she shouldn't mind you deciding to use someone else.

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I had to cancel my hair and make up lady as well, although she wasn't a family friend so it wasn't too difficult! I would agree with just saying that you've decided to go a different way. If you start making reasons up then it could get a bit awkward for the two of you and your mum as well.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your help, I went with a small lie and it's gone down okay Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics