Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner August 2012

Please help! songs to walk down the isle (civil ceremony)

chels89, 10 of January of 2012 at 23:09 Posted on Planning 0 25

Im really stuck! Im probably having Ave Maria during the signing of the register (i have been told this is allowed in a civil ceremony surprisingly!) and the wedding/bridal march from a midsummers night dream to leave to but i have no idea what to walk in to.

I would like something that builds a bit of tension like the wedding march but people use that to walk out to so it may look a bit odd if i walked in to it!

As you can tell i would prefer classical music, it just reminds me more of a wedding! and i dont usually listen to classical music so makes a nice change!

Any ideas ladies? What is everybody else having?

Many Thanks xx

25 replies

Latest activity by claiireee, 16 of April of 2012 at 20:48
  • L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

Cannon D is a nice one I personally am thinking of having Kissing you from romeo and juliet have no idea for signing and leaving never actually thought about them !!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

I had Glasgow Love Theme (from Love Actually). The first half of it. Almost had me in tears on the day!

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

A friend of mine had the pink panther theme to walk in to . . .

• T
    Beginner August 2013
    ToniBen10 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having Cannon D...I think its beautiful xx

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats what im having!!!!!!

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

You have excellent taste!!

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Ahh my MOH played it to me when I started planning the wedding and we both sobbed..its beautiful…

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

It's lovely isn't it. I was lucky enough that a friend of mine plays the piano so learnt it especially for me to walk down the aisle to.

• bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Amazing....

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

For the registry office we walked in to Max Richter, Autumn Song 2 (check him out, great contemprorary classical music). for our own ceremony we wakled in to Bright Eyes, First Day of my Life which was lovely.

• M
    Dedicated February 2022
    martinkab@hotmail.com ·
    • Hide content

Wow this debate is happening in another place too - the violinist guy I am using (Simon Jordan) is playing Pachelbel canon as he says he can time the end of the piece as I reach the altar... then it's Better Together (Jack Johnston?!) and possibly some Take That Greatest Day towards the end of the ceremony. He's staying on playing more popular stuff on the piano during the reception. There's a great saxophone player too called Matt Stacey who was good but expensive.

• Vickydrip
    Beginner July 2012
    Vickydrip ·
    • Hide content

My other half wants me to walk into the tune that Darth Vadar walks around to in Star Wars. I have said a big NO to that.

I'm walking in to an instrumental version of Music Of The Night from Phantom of the Opera :-)

• M
    Dedicated February 2022
    martinkab@hotmail.com ·
    • Hide content

That's so funny - my fella suggested Chopin's Funeral March. I was like, thanks...

• freckles87
    Beginner May 2013
    freckles87 ·
    • Hide content

I think we're having an instrumental version of Foo Fighters 'Everlong'

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG me too!!!!!! I'm discussing it with my String Quartet's manager.

• Vickydrip
    Beginner July 2012
    Vickydrip ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yey for the music twin ... it's my favourite musical ... I'm obsessed with Ramin Karimloo as Phantom :-)

We are then signing register to 'Love Never Dies' Instrumental and walking out to 'Past The Point Of No Return' ... the bit in the chorus "Past the point of no return, no going back now, our games of make believe are at an end, past the thought of if or when, no use resisting, abandon thought and let the dream descend' ... happy happy happy!!!!!

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

We're mixing up the Music. We've got some nice classical pieces for the guests arriving and the register signing but i'm entering to MotN (no one else knows so shhhhhh!) and then we're leaving to a string version of "My Girl" just to inject some fun. Then durin the drinks reception they'll play other pieces like the star trek theme (OH loves it) , Ground force theme, the Stella artois music etc....I've had a blast trawling through their repertoire picking out pieces.

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Ellie Gouldings - Your song for us

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    CarMungeam ·
    • Hide content

My Other half has requested "imperial march" and I am actually considering it as a surprise for him - but will actually morph the music into something more suitable for when I reach the altar, anyone any suggestions?

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

I think if I was going to have a classical pice for the processional, I would use Jupiter from the Planets, the music to Jerusalem (although that can be problematic with some registrars) or Arrival of the queen of Sheba.

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

If you want dramatic and classical, what about the Tchaikovsky's finale for the Sleeping Beauty ballet? My dad chose this for my entrance for my first wedding. It as all 18th century themed, I had the little ones walk in first, then the adult BMs, then I came in at the crecendo 56 seconds into the clip below. I absolutely loved it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-z-CF3PXSI

xC

• DarkMoomin
    Beginner June 2012
    DarkMoomin ·
    • Hide content

Who says you are not allowed?!?

• Fergo
    Beginner December 2012
    Fergo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm having this too, all of it will be played though, with the flowergirl and BM's walking in first then me. I get teary everytime I hear it.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

We used an instrmental version of Elbow one day like this,

• C
    Beginner
    claiireee ·
    • Hide content

Oooh I hadn't thought about Glasgow Love Theme, I love that. Almost crying now! We have no idea for signing the register, we're not having anyone playing an instrument. There's a really cool group called the String Quartet Tribute, who do instrumental covers of songs we like such as Foo Fighters, Snowpatrol, U2 etc. We have a couple of ideas for when we wak out; Travis - Happy or Velvet Underground - I'm Sticking With You.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics