Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner August 2024 Warwickshire

Plus ones!

Fran, 8 of November of 2023 at 12:10 Posted on Planning 0 3
What are peoples thoughts on plus ones. I have people including my single bridesmaids getting huffy as I haven’t included plus ones. By having these extra people I’m having to knock people off the list who I want at the wedding!!

3 replies

Latest activity by Orne, 9 of November of 2023 at 08:18
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Your wedding, your choice.

I think plus ones can be kind in certain circumstances - e.g. a guest who won't know anyone else at the wedding or one who has been recently widowed/divorced/separated and who may find it extra-painful going to a wedding alone. But it's still not necessary, and it certainly shouldn't be at the expense of excluding people you actually want. We had a couple of recently divorced/separated people at our wedding who were fine with coming on their own. And in my single days, I went to several weddings where I knew no one other than the bride or groom, and I managed just fine.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

We specified to our guests that we were only inviting plus ones who were married or in long term relationships. However, it's your wedding so it's entirely up to you. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

• F
    Beginner August 2024 Warwickshire
    Fran ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics