Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

CaptainNatX
Beginner August 2015

Plus Size bridesmaids dresses

CaptainNatX, 5 of January of 2015 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi,

I am having 2 bridesmaids for my wedding but I'm struggling to find somewhere that sells dresses for a reasonable price (under £200) in a size 12 and 26. Ideally I want them to match, but it appears that unless I get them specially made this isn't possible. Any suggestions of where I might find purple, floor length, plus size dresses? The only ones I can seem to find are 'blingy' prom style ones and my theme is steampunk/Victorian.

Thanks

10 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsDre, 6 of January of 2015 at 16:12
  • hellandglory
    Rockstar October 2019
    hellandglory ·
    • Hide content

Evans usually have lovely maxi dresses in summer, they should be getting stock in soon so you could keep an eye out? You could get a 26 and a 14 and have the 14 taken in?

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

We went for bridal store dresses in the end. Monsoon are good too, and bhs goes up to that size in a few of their styles too.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

This might not be any help but as i see your from Nottingham, Emma's Secret On Nutall Road do bridesmaid dresses from dressy and they come in loads of different sizes and colours. Might be worth a look Smiley smile

http://www.emmassecretbridal.co.uk/page/bridesmaids

• CaptainNatX
    Beginner August 2015
    CaptainNatX ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. I'll take a look at those suggestions.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.jacques-vert.co.uk/jacques-vert/damson-lace-gown/010035760.html?dwvar_010035760_color=0040&cgid=jv_sale_occasion

we are having these (but in black). they are gorgeous on, and generous in size. i know on that link that many are sold out, but there are other retailers. i know fenwicks stock them, john lewis online and debhenams.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, just looked at the other retailers and they are sold out too. back to the drawing board!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

I also went to some bridal shops for my bridesmaids (i think about size 16 and 22/24 in 'wedding dress' sizes), ended up with beautiful mori lee ones for £175 each, they wouldnt fit a victorian/steampunk theme but theres lots of other colours, styles, and most importantly, sizes to choose from too with the bridal store dresses...its def worth visiting a few even if its to get a rough idea of which styles might suit your bridesmaids, maybe fitting in the steampunk theme with accessories/belts/jewellery etc

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

Have a look on lindybop. May not be your style but I know they go up to 26

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

I'm not too much help here, but I would be interested to see what responses you get, as my 3 bridesmaids range in size from a 16- 26, and I can't afford to have dresses made for each of them. £150 was my top whack, but that might have to come down now I've lost my job!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Almost~Mrs~W ·
    • Hide content

I have 4 bridesmaids size 8, 12, 18 and 22

have for them all matching dresses for £35 each. The dresses are lovely, great fabric, well made and fast delivery.

Lindybop is vintage style dresses and have loads of designs and colours to choose from

• F
    Beginner August 2015
    FutureMrsDre ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for Lindybop. I have two adult bridesmaids, not hugely different sizes but very different body shapes.

I got them matching dresses from Lindybop (Grace style in midnight blue). They are very flattering on both girls, beautiful colour, good quality and they were a bargain at £30 each!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics