Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

Plus size clothes / underwear

Scarlet Fifi La Voom, 10 of April of 2009 at 12:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 25

Does anyone know any other shops on the high Street that sell plus size clothes apart from Evans, Newlook, Ann Harvey and Elvi. I live just outside Milton Keynes if anyone knows any other shops there that sell big clothes. Also any shops that sell nice plus size underwear?

25 replies

Latest activity by DanniB, 29 of September of 2009 at 11:01
  • Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

Someone I work with says Peacocks are quite good, I've not shopped there myself though.

I get my bras from Bravissimo but I just fluctuate between a 36 and a 38 back, if you were bigger than that I think you'd struggle as I think a 38 back is the biggest they go up to.

• P
    Beginner
    peanut ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bigin and I have some really nice stuff from Peacocks, its cut so that it hides my bum and tum well. I am actually a huge fan of the Tesco big lady range (name escapes me at present).

• redcherry
    Beginner April 2006
    redcherry ·
    • Hide content

Matalan do a range of plus size stuff that's quite nice.

Also Debenhams do a wide range of underwear and stuff.

• S
    Scarlet Fifi La Voom ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much, will go and have a look!

• A
    anna belle ·
    • Hide content

Depends what size you are - I like Wallis - their sizes come up a size bigger, I'm normally 22, but in Wallis I'm a 20.

M&S do a lot going up to 22, and they've even started doing some 24's

I also like 'Yours' https://www.yoursclothing.co.uk/ - they have shops all over and they do some really modern stuff in bigger sizes and bigger bra's too

• J
    Beginner December 2007
    Julia. ·
    • Hide content

In Milton Keynes, I shop at Bravissimo (They've just opened a store there!) Debenhams, Wallis and Evans. I've not heard of Elvi, is there one in Milton Keynes?

• M
    Beginner
    Marmite ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I am about half an hour from Milton Keynes and regularly shop there - I am a size 18/20 and I get most of my clothes from Monsoon - they go upto a 22 and although expensive, I believe that the quality is great. I also get clothes from Debenhams, M and S, Wallis and Dorothy Perkins. I love some of the range that Sainsburys do (although not sure where the nearest Sainsburys that does clothes is to you - I go to the large superstore in London Colney, near St Albans). Tesco do some lovely stuff as do Asda - I quite often pop to the one in Bletchley. As for underwear, I am a M and S or nothing girl! I have tried underwear from other places but nothing matches to M and S - having said that, I do have a couple of lovely bras from Asda's range for plus size women and from Debenhams gorgeous range. I love all the underwear in Bravissimo but I have a 42 back and as someone previously said, they don't go up to that!! It's also worth looking on the bay of e as they have some lovely plus size bargains on there if you can be bothered to trawl through it!?

• S
    Scarlet Fifi La Voom ·
    • Hide content

Well I went to M&S and couldnt even find the plus size clothing, and it was too busy to ask anyone. But I bought a dress from New Look, showed my parents and they laughed and said it looked horrible so am taking that back tomorrow 😄

I do go to Yours in Weston favell, but when I went the other day, they didnt really have anything I liked as I was in there about 3 weeks before and spent a load of money. But they have a new delivery coming in Wednesday which will have the clothes from the website so will be going back then!

As for underwear, I got this from Ann Summers, and it fit's and looks great! https://www.annsummers.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=56693&storeId=10001&catalogId=40151&langId=-1

Thanks for all the ideas!

• S
    Beginner November 2003
    SabrinaSpellman ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried next.. they have a limtied amount in their directory

• The Beast
    Beginner
    The Beast ·
    • Hide content

I mourn the loss of Etam, I loved their plus size range.

H&M have a small plus size range which generally has some nice things.

• B
    bdiabkrkh ·
    • Hide content

I have brought many Plus size clothes / underwear from http://www.verysexybikini.com/ at reasonable price. You can also try at here.

• *Kitty*
    Beginner April 2008
    *Kitty* ·
    • Hide content

As a plus size woman I definitely wont be shopping at verysexybikini.com !!

Its your first post aswell I see ................................................................... ?

• CountDuckula
    Beginner August 2009
    CountDuckula ·
    • Hide content

Verysexybikini.com just sounds a bit too Borat-like for me. Jagshemash ?

• chids
    Beginner
    chids ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too, now most of my clothes come from Asda, Matalan or Sainsburys.

• O
    Oddbins ·
    • Hide content

Some of the George at Asda stuff goes up to a size 24 and you can order online too. I am very fond of their underwear as it fits me really well and I can get a matching set for around £10-12. They also have some very pretty sundresses in at the moment for £8.

• O
    Oddbins ·
    • Hide content

Oh and New Look occasionally have some nice stuff in too their Inspire range goes up to a size 26, never bought their underwear though.

• C
    CharlotteSY ·
    • Hide content

Hi there - I work at SimplyYours.co.uk and we offer a great range of lingerie in bigger sizes, including bras in 34-56 and A-JJ cups, with selected bras in K and J cups. We also offer plus size size shapewear, nightwear and swimwear.

For plus size fashion you could try our sister site, SimplyBe.co.uk. You'll find the latest trends in sizes 14-32 and the clothes are cut to be flattering too, not just sized up.

Hope that's helpful - all the best!

• chids
    Beginner
    chids ·
    • Hide content

I get most of my stuff from Asda or New Look or Matalan.

However i've just got a really nice coat from here

www.yoursclothing.co.uk

That someone else has aready recommended.

• J
    javderkoid ·
    • Hide content

There is a special offer for girls. I have found a site of bikini sale where is up to 70% off on bikinis. Girls can buy from there not only bikini but also swim suits, sarongs, lingerie, nightwear also.

• Mookey
    Mookey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another vote for Yours

• Redbedhead
    Beginner August 2006
    Redbedhead ·
    • Hide content

I am currently wearing an 18 or a 20 and am in Milton Keynes. Most of my clothes recently have come from Marks & Sparks (for workwear) and Sainsburys autumn range. Other places I like are Bravissimo, George @ Asda and Monsoon.

• M
    Beginner July 2004
    Mrs Space Cadet ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.amplebosom.com/ do a wide range of sizes - however, before you look, beware some of the styles are pretty frumpy looking - but keep looking there are some nice ones too!! (didn't want you to get put off 1st click!) actually they have a new brochure out, so not sure what's in there this time!

I'd second Monsoon for lovely clothes!

• M
    Beginner July 2004
    Mrs Space Cadet ·
    • Hide content

Actually - as for clothes - as much as I love Monsoon, and have a fair amount from there, most of my clothes are now from Sainsbury's "Tu" - they do plus sizes too!

• D
    Beginner October 2005
    DanniB ·
    • Hide content

As soon as i saw this i was going to say yours, i go to the one in leighon buzzard and love it in there, I also shop in Tesco, Next, Sainsbury, Asda and matalan. Oh and I have loved peacocks and QS for years (before everyone else clicked on lol)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics