Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2019

Plus size wedding dress retailers

maywedding19, 13 of April of 2018 at 16:03 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi,

I’ve just found this lovely website. I’m getting married next May and need to start weddings dress shopping. I’m a plus size bride so feel a bit Apprehensive had a search of the forum but it brought up older posts and I just wondered if anyone had any up to date advise on where to go etc, or wanted to share their own experiences. I am based in Essex but willing to travel!

6 replies

Latest activity by RomanticBlueDiamonds32875, 28 of May of 2018 at 14:09
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Hey,

I've seen a load of plus size dresses available - a wedding show I went to recently had mainly plus size brides too.

Shops near me with plus size lines include:

The Bridal Lounge, Trowbridge

Belle of the Ball Brides, Melksham

I know this is a bit far from you, but take a look at their websites to find the designers, then you can find stockists of the designer near you Smiley smile

Enjoy shopping! X

• Busybrides
    Beginner February 2031 Essex
    Busybrides ·
    • Hide content

Hi MayWedding. If you are based in Essex, have you tried curves and couture in Ongar, Essex? (https://www.curvesandcouture.co.uk/) Give them a go. Failing that, I do know they do have dresses in larger sizes in Chantilly Lace in Chalkwell and also Brides4Less in Southend high street where you can buy off the peg if you don't find anything in time to order.

Busybrides Wedding Planners xxx

• P
    Beginner September 2018
    pooksgirl ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I was in the same position, in the end I plucked up courage and picked several salons near me who mentioned bigger sizes on their websites and emailed them explaining what street size I was and that I wanted to come dress shopping but wanted to make sure that they would have something that would fit me before I made an appointment. They all got back to me, a couple said they only had up to, I think it was, an 18 in samples so I chose not to go there but others reassured me that they had a range of sizes up to and past my size. It made me feel a lot better walking into the salons that they would have something I could try on. I had nightmares before doing this that I'd make an appointment, walk into a store and they would have nothing that fit me and I would have to turn round and walk back out. I only visited 4 stores in the end but was able to try on multiple dress in each.

My dress is from Phoenix Gowns https://phoenixgowns.co.uk/ hope it's ok to link here, via my local bridal store. They have been amazing, I ordered my dress near the end of August last year and it arrived in March. I had it customised by adding sleeves and making tea length and it was no problem at all. The only issue is it's not really tea length - but the store have let the designer know for future and the store have said it will be no problem to take it up. They did measure it slight long when ordering so it was going to be taken up anyway.

Envy is Phoenix's "plus size" range

• H
    Beginner May 2019
    HappyGoldCakes14475 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

fellow plus size May2019 bride :-) i found a lot of retailers on Instagram and from just searching for it on google.

there's a brilliant woman called fullerfgurefullerbust on instagram who advertises and models for a lot of different plus size companies including bridal. she regularly wears from a shop called Edith and Winston Bridal.

there's also the rocknrollbride and rosieredcorsetry on instagram, and i found a custom made place that wasn't hideously expensive in Brighton called digforvictory.

hope that helps!

S

• S
    Beginner August 2018
    SunnyBlueDecor836 ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a wed2b near you. They have a selection of dresses by a plus size only designer and shot of the other dresses go up to plus sizes. All dresses bought off the peg so would need a seamstress to do your alterations if needed

• S
    Beginner August 2018
    SunnyBlueDecor836 ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a wed2b near you. They have a selection of dresses by a plus size only designer and most of the other dresses go up to plus sizes. All dresses bought off the peg so would need a seamstress to do your alterations if needed

• R
    RomanticBlueDiamonds32875 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulation for your wedding best wishes to you and your partner... when you will get any idea about plus size dress... please share.. I will refer for my daughter....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics