Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2017

Plus size wedding dresses in the East Midlands?

Senzcy, 7 of September of 2016 at 19:07 Posted on Planning 0 4

Can anyone recommend any good shops in the East Midlands area that cater for plus sizes? I'm a 16-18 depending on fit and haven't done any dress shopping yet - any recommendations gratefully accepted. Don't want to waste time going somewhere to try things on if they don't have any thing in my size as I never know what will look good...

4 replies

Latest activity by disneyfanatic95, 13 of September of 2016 at 12:38
  • Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

Might be a bit far (it's more west mids) but the wedding rooms in Kidderminster do some nice dresses plus size, if you look them up on facebook they have some photos of their dresses. It's where I got my dress from, and I picked it up at the NEC fare with 20% discount!

Also if you can get to the NEC in Birmingham I would 100% recommend going to the wedding fare (next one is in sept, but they do them twice a year I think) as they have hundreds of dresses (all price ranges) and a lot of stalls offer 10-20% discount for buying at the fair. It's crowded and a bit cramped, but brilliant for seeing lots of dresses all in one go!

• B
    Beginner March 2016
    BuryBride ·
    • Hide content

My dress was from The White Rose plus collection - see if they are stocked at any local shops. I was surprised by how many shops catered for plus size brides. I only had one bad experience at a shop I didn't check out properly before I went. I did a little googling and looked through some bridal mags and rang the shops before to see if they had samples I could try so I felt comfortable going in. I must also say I had a really good experience at web2be although the didn't get my dress there.

• Catlady28
    Beginner March 2017
    Catlady28 ·
    • Hide content

I emailed or messaged all the shops prior to booking appointments, asking if they had any dresses in my size to try on. If you look for specific designers you can see which shops stock them. They're are quite a few plus size collections Mori Lee Julietta, Veromia Sonsie and White Rose Plus are some of the collections I have seen in a number of shops! Good luck! x

• F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsTz ·
    • Hide content

There are some designers who do gorgeous plus size dresses like Mori Lee and Veromia. Maybe you could look at their websites and see who stocks their dresses? Also, wed2be do lots of plus sizes.

I agree with the comment above about going to the wedding fair, and I would also look for any smaller ones near to where you live as there will be lots of local dress shops represented. Try sites like www.weddingfairs.com and I think they even have a thing on here about them too x

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

It might be a bit far but there is a shop called embrace bridal? Something like that but it is in deeping st James near Peterborough. They only cater for plus size so might be worth looking into. Depends on how far you are wanting to travel

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics