Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K

Plus size wedding dresses to try on, West Midlands

kr, 27 April, 2008 at 15:45 Posted on Planning 0 9

I was just wondering if anyone had found anywhere in the West Midlands with a good selection of sizes to try on in different sizes? I know that you can often have a dress pinned but I'm extremely self conscious and after having one very embarassing session with trying on dresses I'd like to try some on which might fit? I've got just under 6 months to the wedding and am dieting like mad and am aware the deadline for ordering my dress is getting closer.

Thanks in advance,

K

9 replies

Latest activity by Spells2B, 14 October, 2010 at 09:25
  • Diamond Star Halo
    Beginner October 2004
    Diamond Star Halo ·
    • Hide content

I would highly recommend having a look at the Bonny Unforgettable range - anyone who stocks this range will have larger sized dresses for you to try on, because it's exclusively larger size (starts at a UK 18 and goes up to about a 32). It's a gorgeous range too - really lovely detailing as well as great structure.

Here's a list of Bonny stockists:
    http://www.bonnybridaluk.com/store_uk.htm#heartofengland
    But you might need to phone around and check which ones stock the Unforgettable range.

We stock Unforgettable, but are sadly a bit far away from you in Scotland... but we have sizes from 20 to 32 in the shop, so if other stockists are similar, there should be plenty for you to try.

Definitely go as soon as possible, because time is getting shorter with regard to delivery.

Good luck and enjoy dress shopping! ?

• KatieH in red
    Beginner September 2008
    KatieH in red ·
    • Hide content

If your willing to travel to Leicester I highly recommend Hourglass bridalhttp://www.hourglassbridalwear.co.uk/ Claire is fantastic, takes all the time you need, does evening appointments and has loads of lovely dresses to try on.

• MrsJewkes2B
    Beginner September 2008
    MrsJewkes2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I'm in Dudley and I found that Amore brides in Wombourne had a good few dressses to try on - I bought mine from there.

Most of the dresses I tried on could give me an idea and at the time I was size 20-22 and the lace up back helps you get a good idea.

brides of kingswinford and blushing brides in Dudley also had some too.

Good luck

• K
    kr ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much for the advice, very much appreciated

K

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Its possibly a bit far, but there is a shop in Weston Super Mare called Big Beautiful Brides.

• H
    Beginner November 2009
    happy chappy ·
    • Hide content

Hi dont know if you are any where near Rugby but there is a new bridal shop open Amore Plus it has loads of dresses I think they start at 20

and go up to about 40 They have them off the peg too for last minute buys. I went there they were really helpfull. couldnt recomend them enough..

• Heather W
    Beginner
    Heather W ·
    • Hide content

Is South Cheshire too far? There is a brilliant shop in Elworth, Sandbach (not far from J17 of the M6). It is called Wedding Bliss and its phone number is **** if you want directions and times the shop is open.

They are lovely people, and will make you feel like a princess - don't worry about being a large lady. Hope this helps

Heather x

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I thought we were talking about getting married, not gardening...?

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? I saw that!! If you're going to spam, at least make sure you spelling is good!!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    Spells2B ·
    • Hide content

I bon't know of any shops in the Midlands,

However, i've just been to The Big Day in west yorkshie and there dresses are all 16 plus.

They had loads of different dresses and Lucy (who helped me) was really nice. She appeared to have loads of time, so I could try on as many as i wanted!

Good luck shopping!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics