Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Moschops
Beginner March 2014

PMT- feeling sad and tearful

Moschops, 2 December, 2012 at 23:13 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

Each cycle for about 2 days beforehand I get very sad and tearful, every little thing sets me off and just get very down about everything.

Do you lovely ladies have any tips of how I could help these symptoms, I do the obvious like keeping busy, going out for walks etc but it's the same each month and is doing my head in a bit!

Thanks

16 replies

Latest activity by Rod, 4 December, 2012 at 09:07
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

No advice, but im exactly the same. I get sad and paranoid and convince myself that my H is going to leave me.

So I will watch this with interest! x

• Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content

I go through that aswell! I try and keep it to myself but often end up crying my eyes out when I'm on my own.

It aint nice, and as I know it's going to happen every month I dread it ☹️

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I think the important thing to remember is that its not 'you' its your hormones. As long as you recognise it and dont let it run away with you its easier to deal with.

Sometimes I just need a good cry and a sleep and I feel better.

Are you on the pill? I had to change mine because it made me crazy...perhaps that doesnt help? x

• Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No I don't take anything, I came off pill a few years back, didn't agree with me I was ready to kill as well as tearful on that!!

• Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content

Thanks JoJo, I'll have a google on them, will try anything ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I am terrible for one day a month. It is such a dramatic personality change that even the guys I work with have picked up on it ?. I go through phases of just crying at the slighest thing. Last day it happened I cried because my keyboard in work was rattling, the guy next to me was talking on the phone and the lid of the kettle wouldn't shut. Then I am just generally snappy and horrible to everyone when they've done nothing wrong.

I'm not on the pill so I can't blame anything! It's only been this bad for the last couple of years or so as well, must be just getting older!

The quickest fix I find for it is chocolate, I used to laugh at the fact hormonal women wanted chocolate but honestly, I can have a bit and it's like the pressure tap is released for a wee while. I also went out for a walk during my lunch break and I felt so much better when I got back (well for a couple of hours) but I know you've mentioned that.

As Rod said, I usually just then go home from work have something comforting to eat the go straight to bed and sleep it off!

• Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've tried the chocolate fix aswell, but then I get tearful again because of my weight!! Haha there's no helping me sometimes bugger you hormones!

Thanks anyway

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Yep the MF is very good when I'm like that - he just ignores the fights I'm trying to pick (the rest of the month we never have arguments). You'd think that would make me more raging that he's not biting, but I seem to just give up when he doesn't argue back. Just being cuddled in helps.

Comfort food doesn't need to be totally bad (ok apart from the chocolate) big bowl of homemade soup is tasty too! Or something like mac and cheese (not so healthy but could be worse!) I put onions and sometimes ham in mine, means you don't need as much cheese.

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ATB, you could have written that about me. I am terrible but just for one day in the month. P knows how to handle it now, poor soul. Before we moved we sold a few bits of furniture and I cried for AGES when our £20 IKEA floor lamp left the flat. I was inconsolable for nigh on 30 minutes ? P just left me to it and once I'd calmed down he handed me a cuppa and just said "hormones?" The only thing that makes me even worse than that is if I double up hormones with a hangover. I do wonder how P puts up with it sometimes!

• Enjayee
    Beginner April 2013
    Enjayee ·
    • Hide content

Oh, in terms of how I combat it I try to exercise - even a 20 minute walk can do the trick and bring me back to some sort of normality! Like JoJo, I tried Evening Primrose but I'm also one of those people that are very good for a week but then forget!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I've been taking a B vitamin complex for about a year now and I have really noticed a difference in my PMT symptoms. Evening primrose oil didn't do anything for me so I stopped that but the B vitamins seem to have helped. Although saying that, I take a lot of supplements for various things, so it could be any of them, but the B vits are the ones specifically for PMT!

• Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, think I'll give the b complex and evening primrose a go, anythings worth a shot.

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

This is me today, its not PMT tho. I'm just feeling depressed. Had a dream H had met someone else at work. Told H in a text and his response was 'this is all getting a bit tiresome'.

Marvellous. So then I cried on the train.

Today is not a good day.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Aww Rod, that's a shame. Your H doesn't help matters does he?! But on the other hand if he was saying stuff like that to you repeatedly, you'd get tired of him being so silly too?

If it makes you feel any better I think we all go through phases of being a bit like that. My favourite is saying to MF - "I'm worried I love you more that you love me" to which he responds with a roll of the eyes and sigh, since he's heard it all before. Which ofcourse just upsets me! I don't know why I say it either!!

Hope your day improves, you know where we are! x

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Deleted.

Sorry I dont want to put this on anyone else! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics