Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Pointless things that annoy you that shouldn't...

10 of September of 2013 at 14:05 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 86

Come join me in my grumpyfest!

Where we live we have a really steep, tiny drive so H puts his car up there. I put mine at the bottom of the garden, on the roadside. Sometimes my neigbour over the road has mates round for the weekend and they go off somewhere and leave their car parked at the bottom of my garden so I have to put my car half way up the road. This can be for a few hours or sometimes days. I am ashamed to say it BUGS THE HELL out of me. It is perfectly legal it just annoys me. It has turned me into a Paranoid Parker and if we are going out we will leave one car at the bottom so they cant nick the spot. How sad we are!

Tell me of your pointless annoyances.

86 replies

Latest activity by ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown, 12 of September of 2013 at 12:04
  • AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

Strangers who stand on MY bit of platform in the mornings. Everyone knows that particular spot is where the train door stops and where I get on.

Find your own "door spot".

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I get irrationally annoyed at the little kids on our estate hanging around under our balcony. I want to tell them to go away but they can go where they want really!

I also get really annoyed if someone in sitting in 'my' seat on the train haha!

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

I need to use MIL's printer (not for myself, a favour for her sister) and she's never bloody in. ?

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I know it's completely irrational and pathetic, but it really annoys me that my neighbours directly opposite sit with their front door open most days. Whatever the weather.

And names of kids nurseries. Like 'Little Ducklings' or 'Twinkle Star'.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

When H tells me he's 5 mins away when he really means 15! I know it sounds ridiculous but it really gets on my nerves!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This, our flat is surrounded by a big area of grass, and the local kids play there. One of their parents had a go at my neighbour about dog mess. Neither of us allow our dogs to mess on the grass, but if the parents have a problem the children should go and play in their own gardens (all have private front and back gardens) instead of being a total pest to us. They leave rubbish and food littering the place which is harmful to my dog - and I'm rapidly loosing patience with them. Unfortunately their parents are such that I'll probably be stabbed if ever challenged them on it. I hate where I live, I won't get started on the parking!

• ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content

When people stand really close to you in a queue and then stand next to the card machine when your trying to pay.....Just plain rude!

Also i have OCD wit the sky plus planner! If youve watched it the DELETE it! Im like the planner nazi at home, if its been on there for longer than a month and not been watched its gone! Drives OH mad lol

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content

There is this couple that get on the same boat as me in the morning and she has long blonde hair which she insists on making a big deal of brushing out, constant playing with, stroking, preening and lots of head flinging and it drives me nuts for some reason. I have a fantasy of walking up behind her with a massive pair of garden shears and cutting it all off. I told OH and he gave me the crazy look. I'm broken aren't I...

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

We live in a Duplex, with our kitchen diner on the ground floor. Said kitchen diner has a window and an external door which open out on to the allocated parking at the back of our house. It is private parking so not accessed by any old Joe Public and you cannot see it from the main road in to our street. It is quite a big space, and the parking spaces are arranged in a rectangle with spaces to the left and right and directly in front and our house is at the bottom of the rectangle (So this shape [ if you turned it once to the right.) Directly outside our window/door there is a pavement that only runs along our house and our next door neighbours, it doesnt actually lead anywhere except to the fence next to her house and then the 'road' that is the middle of the rectangle. Visitors parking is very limited so I always tell my friends to park there as we use the back door more than our front door anyway and I have no issue with my friends and family parking there. However nothing annoys me more than when other peoples visitors park there ! Sometimes I will park my own car there rather than in my space just so other people can't park there and then I will move my car later in the evening ! I know it is public land, so I cannot stop anyone parking there, but I find it really intrusive, it is right outside our door !

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

People who eat whilst in the supermarket. Arghhh you're not wasting away you can wait 30 min until you've paid! Oh and when people say "anythink" or "somethink" instead of ending in "ing".

I also have a really weird OCD thing about the arrangement of glasses in our glass cupboard and get irrationally angry if someone puts the glasses in the 'wrong places'. So petty (embarrassed face)

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

When people push in the que for the bus

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I stupidly let small things bug me. I have loads!

Today I added another to my ever increasing list: When the checkout person starts scanning your shopping through whilst the previous customer is still packing away their stuff & hasn't yet left. Although that's probably not a pointless annoyance, there's logic to it.

It really winds me up when the school run mums unload their car rubbish/uneaten packed lunches and half eaten ice cream cones into our wheelie bin. We live on a side road opposite a school and it happens loads. I should just be happy it's going in a bin and not on the floor really.

I also have an unhealthy loathing for lollypop people. Not the individuals, i'm sure they're all lovely people just the job in general. They have them every 10 paces it seems around here and they drive me loopy when I need to pop out during school rush hours.

I hate it when people park across 2 parking spaces too. It really makes my blood boil. If you want 2 spaces, park miles away. Don't block 2 spaces right near the bloody door (or I will squeeze my smart car into that tiny gap and watch you squirm from afar!)

• Jaysmonkey
    Beginner August 2014
    Jaysmonkey ·
    • Hide content

Our front garden is open plan and in the deeds it has to stay that way.

I get frustrated at children standing on the grass and the postman being too lazy to walk around so he cuts across my beloved grass to the neighbours!! ?...I didn't know he did it, until it snowed and there was evidence!

• Meltdown
    Dedicated September 2021
    Meltdown ·
    • Hide content

People who "drift" when they are walking infront of you.

People who walk too close behind me and make me feel like they are following me. In Homebase at the weekend this guy was looking at the shelf i wanted, then when I moved away, he followed me, all the way up the asle and dwon the next one, about a metre behind me. Made me awant to shout "what's your F'in problem?"

and the young lad who plays out side my house and the way he shouts "daaa-aad" Even thinking about it is making me grind my teeth

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

They opened a bike path through our estate which was apparently part of the original plans. Now a whole host of people use it as a short cut to get through to the shops and it's so annoying! Bring back my nice quiet estate.

Also to the child with the basketball, stop bouncing it as you walk, just hold it!

I also get annoyed when people park in my place at work/supermarket etc.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain with this one because mine do it too Smiley sad

I hate it when my friends tell me they will be over in 10 mins and aren't until 1.5 hours later. I HATE late people.

I hate it when my neighbour sits on MY doorstep to have a fag. Makes me want to chuck water on her from the upstairs window.

I really can't stand people walking around bare footed...unless you've just come out the shower there is no reason for patting around the house... (I think I just hate feet in general)

Hate it when people in supermarkets and other shops allow their kids to scream/run around/play fight. I saw a young child playing with who I presume was a sibling and she fell over and caught her eyebrow area on the edge of a shelf. It was absolutely awful and I just wish people would keep their children safe in shops, there are just too many hazards.

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

London in August.... Mainly because of this:

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

This is my hot topic!

People who wear heavy coats, scarves, gloves, hats, anything "warm" in the middle of summer.

People touching me with said items of clothing when i indeed have a bare arm.

People who bob their head when talking.

The lady next door's bit of stuff parking his car with the wheel turned out next to our parking bay. RAGE.

People who come for a meeting and dont know the name of whom they are meeting. I find this abnormal.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

There's a boy in my village who always ALWAYS wears matching clothes. If he's wearing blue shorts, he wears a blue top. If he's wearing orange shorts, he wears an orange vest. It's REALLY annoying. He'll never wear contrasting colours - ALWAYS the same.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

People who forget how to drive when they get into a car park. What's with people driving at 2 miles am hour, the whole flipping wsy round. Grrr, I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

People who park inconsiderately, our road doesn't really have enough parking so it annoys me when our neighbour parks directly in the middle of two parking spaces. Stop being a selfish wanker!

People with no concept of personal body space. I will continue to step back into you on purpose if you continue to stand an inch away from me.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I've thought of another couple , I'm clearly an angry person.

The pregnant women outside the hospital that are smoking. I have no words for this.

If H goes to the shop to buy say milk or bread, doesn't check the date on it and its only got 24 hours left.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Definitely the sound of a bouncing football is the most annoying thing (of today.) I hear kids over the back kicking it against a fence. Today 2 kids followed me round the shop bouncing one up and down, on and on...I really wanted to just swipe it out of their hands but controlled myself.

People breathing too loudly, or making some kind of wheeze/nose whistle when in a quiet room.

Over the road had a drive done and there has been an ikea bag full of driveway bricks sitting in their garden for the past month. It's their garden and I only see it twice a day but it still gives me the rage.

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Argh people whistling makes me want to punch them in the face or duct tape their mouth up!

Noisy breathers annoy me too, my FIL is one.

• P
    Beginner September 2018
    pooksgirl ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You'd hate me, I can't stand wearing shoes/slippers in the house, as soon as I walk in the door my shoes come off. I only wear socks or slippers when it is absolutly freezing out and I'm in danger of losing a toe to frostbite!

I also hate people whistling - its like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Also people eating/smoking when on the phone - just because I can't see you doesn't mean I can't hear you slurping and breathing STOP IT!

Kids in supermarkets running rampant last week there was a little girl maybe 6/7 crawling on her hands and knees around tesco! WTF

People leaving drawers/cupboard doors open

And not pointless but being in debt

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

To be fair it is bloody freezing today - it may as well be winter!

• Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agree! People obsessing about the weather also drives me bonkers.

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Customers who ask for a coffee. Just a coffee. I have a whole bloody board of different types of coffee. Read it. Pick one. Ask for it by name because I am not a mind reader!

Customers who pronounce espresso as eXpresso.

The customer today who asked me for a 'single eXpresso with a double shot of eXpresso'. I tried to explain to her that she could either have a 'single', or a 'double' but not a 'single double' but she was having none of it. I still have no idea what on Earth she meant.

I sense a customer related theme with mine....

Oh and crumbs being left in the butter tub *shudder*

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I am going with:

-people -typically women saying l am trying to behave then fill their face with a load of bad food. To be fair l eat my fair share of bad food but l don't pretend any different!

-sniffing. It's vile, get a tissue.

-people ALWAYS being late and keeping others waiting

-why do people at work think everyone else is going to wash their cups and dumping them in the sink. I don't drink tea or coffee and l won't be doing it

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No - there was a girl at school who used to do this, particularly in our GCSE English class, where our teacher was quite hot. I used to sit there fantasising about taking garden shears to it. ?

• tayto
    Beginner May 2013
    tayto ·
    • Hide content

People stealing my car space; kids (or worse, adults) spitting or throwing rubbish in public, H leaving his dirty dishes under his chair so I don't find them until the dishwasher is full and my pet hate recently is my preggers sister complaining that her pregnancy is an illness.... grrrrrrr!

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Our cabbie neighbour opposite has a drive way long enough for two large cars. Yet he parks on the road opposite our driveway making it really tricky to get out. It's not like he's facing the right way to leave for a job as our road is a dead end, so when he drives off he reverses on to his drive then drives away. Why doesn't he just do that to start with instead of blocking us in I'll never know. He only parks on his drive when it snows. grr.

my other peeve at the mo is my boss, having asked us to fill in an OT form for every weekend from June to End of August because we were busy, has issued another one because its 'handy to know' people's availablity from now until Dec. Well trying to have a life and organise a wedding is clearly not a good enough reason to stop the sighs and little digs about 'commitment to the team'. I can tell him sept 21st I'm busy! (And my two weeks honeymoon) but really, who knows what they're doing every weekend from July to December? And if I say I can work now, what if I get an invite to something? Really annoying.

• lilmis
    Beginner May 2015
    lilmis ·
    • Hide content

When I lived in my flat I used to get peed off with people parking in my allocated spot just cos it was closest to the door.

I also get annoyed that the people I work with don't load the dish washer effectively. They just shove things in, if its empty load it from the back ffs - not the middle!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics