Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Pointless things that annoy you that shouldn't...

10 of September of 2013 at 14:05

Posted on Off Topic Posts 86

Come join me in my grumpyfest! Where we live we have a really steep, tiny drive so H puts his car up there. I put mine at the bottom of the garden, on the roadside. Sometimes my neigbour over the road has mates round for the weekend and they go off somewhere and leave their car parked at the bottom...

Come join me in my grumpyfest!

Where we live we have a really steep, tiny drive so H puts his car up there. I put mine at the bottom of the garden, on the roadside. Sometimes my neigbour over the road has mates round for the weekend and they go off somewhere and leave their car parked at the bottom of my garden so I have to put my car half way up the road. This can be for a few hours or sometimes days. I am ashamed to say it BUGS THE HELL out of me. It is perfectly legal it just annoys me. It has turned me into a Paranoid Parker and if we are going out we will leave one car at the bottom so they cant nick the spot. How sad we are!

Tell me of your pointless annoyances.

86 replies

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

When people start putting their shopping on the conveyor belt behind me, before I'm done!! Have been known to sweep their shopping backwards before now so I have room for mine! What is the point??? Its not like i'm going to finish faster is it! Rude people! They're always the ones who crowd you at the card machine too.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Anglicising Irish names. Because its easier to spell, innit. Grrrr.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

This. and lots of other things I'm sure, a lot annoys me but for some reason I'm struggling to think of specific examples this evening. Give me 2hours at work tomorrow and I'll be back on with a list!

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Finger licker page turners

Loud mobile phone talkers

Men who jiggle their legs quickly when sat down

People who don't move down the carriage

People who dont let you off tube before pushing on

Drivers who don't understand speed limits on different roads

There will be more, I am not very tolerant!!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

Customers who copy and paste train time tables trying to prove there is a direct train from X to Z and he doesn't have to change at Y like I informed him only for me to have to politely point out that the number 1 beside the word "changes" means he has to change trains. Said customer then responding with "well, ok, but why are you trying to charge me £80.80 for a return ticket when it clearly says here that it's £40.40 each way?". This man's email signature has letters after his name.

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    HAG13 ·
    • Hide content

Two that immediately spring to mind:

When people walk across my fresh, perfect snow on my lawn

When people queue one behind another at a bar instead of across it

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

People who tap/knock/bang things against surfaces *raaage*

Especially money on the counter at work. I can't concentrate and could quite easily strangle them.

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooo this reminds me - people jingling change in their pockets. I have a weird thing about coins anyway (even the word gives me shudders) so this just sets me on edge.

• Soybean
    Beginner March 2011
    Soybean ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The correct pronounciation is pay-tuhnt for the leather and for the legal protection of a document pat-uhnt. Americans use pat-uhnt for all uses.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I use pay-tunt for the textile, pay-tunt or pa-tunt for the legal document (whichever pops out; more likely to say pay-tunt, but pa-tunted) and pay-tunt for the bleeding obvious. I have heard Americans use a random mix as well.

Another thing that annoys me: people who moan about the loss of "correct" English pronunciation to Americanised versions.... Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics