Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner June 2011

Polaroid camera for photo guest book

SouthB2B, 28 April, 2011 at 09:25 Posted on Planning 0 15

We're hoping to get a Polaroid camera for my teenage cousins to go around and take a photo of each guest / couple which we can then stick into our guest book along with their message. Has anyone done this and found a good value way of doing it?? Jessops have a camera but it's £79 and then the film is £10 for only 10 shots - not looking to spend that much on it! Thanks in advance if anyone has seen alternative options x

15 replies

Latest activity by wonky, 4 May, 2011 at 20:15
  • N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

The Fujifilm Instax cameras are cheaper than that, and the film can be bought on Ebay.

I am using one at my wedding on the 4th June and would be looking to sell it on afterwards if you are interested ?

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

They are not making polaroid film any more, you may have problems finding a reliable supplier.

You'd be better off taking a laptop and printer, assuming you have one or can borrow one, and getting people to print form their digital cameras. Easy enough to do, cheaper just to buy ink and paper.

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to hijack but I'd definately be interested in buying it niche79 (pretty please!!) x

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

Polaroid stopped, They had a huge drop in profits and restarted making them again so they are around and available (300 film only i believe) , Its a bit more but they do make digital polaroid cameras which work in the same way as the film versions but they are £150 - £200

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Hollyjane,

No problem, drop me an email to (without the spaces between the @ sign, I will remove this shortly for security purposes) and I will be in touch after the wedding if that is ok ?? If you could let me know in the email how much you would be willing to pay for it.

If I have any spare film I will be happy to sell that to you as well.

x

• Dollyrockerz
    Beginner October 2011
    Dollyrockerz ·
    • Hide content

Actually you can still buy film for polaroid cameraas, it's just not made by polaroid any more

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

You can buy it here http://shop.photonet.org.uk/page/3145/Instant

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content

We are doing this too.

The way I have found around it is to buy a Polaroid Pogo Printer. It is a really small printer (no bigger than hand size) which you hook up to your camera by usb lead to print the photos. It prints on inkless zink paper (dont ask me how) so no worries about ink running out. The photo print size is 2 inches by 3 inches, basically credit card size with a sticky back to peel off and stick straight in. Apparently it takes about 1 minute for a photo to print.

I just bought mine off of ebay for £20. Paper is cheapest on amazon at about £10/11 for a pack of 70 sheets.

I have only just ordered the paper and will be doing a trial run next week when it arrives. I'll let you know how it goes.

I thought I would then sell the pogo printer on again afterwards so really it is only costing me the cost of the paper.

Hoep that helps. Here is the link to info about it. http://www.polaroidstore.com/

You can either use a bluetooth enabled phone to take the pics, or a pictbridge compatible camera (I looked in the instruction book for my camera and it said it is pictbridge enabled - and its a canon not a polaroid make camera).

Finally, just to say I liked this idea as it also means we have a digital copy of the pictures that are taken (ours is being used for a photobooth with option to print one for the guest book) and we can then send the digital print to the guests.

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, this is really helpful.

Niche79, my wedding is 11 June so would be a bit tight to buy yours off you but sounds like you may have a buyer anyway so great stuff. I will check out the Fujifilm option, thanks.

Wonky, yours sounds really interesting too - please do let me know how your trial goes, I'll look at those now... x

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Claire - yes that was the other option I was thinking, I might get the cousins to take the pics on a digital camera and then do the printing part after. We are probably going to use cards for wedding messages (rather than straight into a guest book) so it'd be fine to do the sticking in part once we're back from honeymoon - quite a nice post wedding job, though I'll have to just make sure I do it as knowing me they'll sit in a drawer somewhere for months!

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem, I'll come back onto this thread to let you know how it went and the quality etc of the pics. Ill even try and do some flashes for you.

• S
    Beginner June 2011
    SouthB2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're a star, thank you! Fingers crossed x

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content

Thanks niche - I've emailed you xx

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

The way I have found around it is to buy a Polaroid Pogo Printer. It is a really small printer (no bigger than hand size) which you hook up to your camera by usb lead to print the photos. It prints on inkless zink paper (dont ask me how) so no worries about ink running out. The photo print size is 2 inches by 3 inches, basically credit card size with a sticky back to peel off and stick straight in. Apparently it takes about 1 minute for a photo to print

we got one of these a few xmas back and its great we have a scrap bok for hols and use this for mini pics Smiley smile

• W
    Beginner October 2011
    wonky ·
    • Hide content

As promised a full trial report has been posted for South B2B - https://www.hitched.co.uk/Chat/forums/p/233435/2266365.aspx#2266365 hope it helps ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics