Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LittleSnowflake
Beginner January 2016

Polaroid P600 film

LittleSnowflake, 9 of June of 2014 at 09:27 Posted on Planning 0 15

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find this film, I found a double pack on ebay and they charged £147!!!! Surely that's not right?!

15 replies

Latest activity by LittleSnowflake, 11 of June of 2014 at 01:11
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Wow! That's a lot! Polaroid is expensive. My friend did a polaroid guest book for her daughters wedding and I think she paid at least £20 a pack for the film. She already had the cameras left over from a corporate event.

One thing it's worth you knowing is that if these are for guest use the money will largely be wasted. The photos guests produced at the evening reception in poor light were awful. Modern digital cameras work much better.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I was going down the route of providing my own photobooth and props for the evening as I have a few younger people attending and they would love this! It's an easier way for them to have a picture souvenir of the evening as I wouldn't have to upload or print pictures for them, but then I suppose if I want quality then the digital camera might be a better option and cheaper then buying film (they only have 8 shots in a pack)!

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Indeed they are better than polaroids. There are companies that hire our compact digital table cameras.

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have seen it where the kids can go through a roll of film/pack of polaroids in record time. It can be a expensive option.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

I think the digital camera on a tripod will be the cheapest option, I'll dig out my cheaper of the two and use that one :]

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    Mrsmooretobe ·
    • Hide content

I bought a cheap polaroid off Ebay with the intention of doing a polaroid guestbook, but it took P600 paper, which has been discontinued, hence the expense! Unfortunately most of it seems to be out of date too! We abandoned this idea haha. The digital camera will likely be much cheaper!x

• RizzieRazzle
    Beginner August 2014
    RizzieRazzle ·
    • Hide content

Best of both?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

You will pay a lot for that film yes, because it's not a modern polaroid. The newer ones have much cheaper film packs

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

Yes, the original polaroid film is crazy, crazy expensive.

We wanted to do this as OH has some sort of weird polaroid obsession but found it much cheaper to use a fujifilm camera and instax film. Works out abut £11 for 20 shots meaning I won't be watching over people as they drunkenly waste it all!

You can get the cameras on ebay or we bought ours from amazon for about £80 with 60 shots. I'll be selling it after our wedding at the end of August if you are interested.

• PinkButterfly
    Beginner June 2014
    PinkButterfly ·
    • Hide content

I used a Fuji instax... Luckily I got hold of the films quite cheap through a contact!

my pictures looked really good and I'm so glad we did it.

From what I can see no film got wasted and the children did as they were told and stayed away from it! (Was a relatively child free wedding anyway.)

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

I got a fujifilm instax for £70 including 40 shots on ebay. I'm going to sell the camera on after the wedding. Have a look on ebay xx

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

The Fuji instax mini looks cute! I like that it comes in different colours :] think one of these would an easier option to use that a digital camera on a tripod.

• MrsGreen-27/9/14
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsGreen-27/9/14 ·
    • Hide content

Hmm yes I mentioned in a different thread a while back that I'd had this brilliant idea to use a polaroid, and thought it would be a cheap option. How wrong I was!!! I liked the idea of having the instant pic to put up in a gallery there and then for people to look at, but I like the DIY digital camera photo booth idea. It might not be instant printed pics but will make good memories for the album ?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Fuji Instax 210 film. 20 shots, £13.99 on Amazon. (You need to get the camera too, about £50).

Buying expired film that is no longer made and will not develop properly (or at all) is a big waste of time.

You can get reproduction stuff but it take 40 minutes to develop and often jams in the camera wasting the whole pack.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Just wondering if you've discussed this with your wedding photographer yet? Many of us will help with this kind of thing. One of my brides this summer is doing a big photo booth and so I said I'll just do the photos for it as well. I'll be there taking photos, so it doesn't matter if they are photo booth shots or event coverage! I'd rather she gets decent images all round. So my camera & flashes will be what's used on her photo booth.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

No nothing said to our photographer yet, will need to run it by them as I only thought about doing this the other day after spotting lots of ideas on Pinterest for props.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics