Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2016

Polish/British wedding

RomanticPinkCars56, 24 of September of 2013 at 22:41 Posted on Planning 0

Hello Girls (and Boys, if you're here)

First thing's first, I'm new to this. Secondly, this is all in pencil for the time being, he ain't put a ring on it yet but did take my ring size and told me "the time is coming".

Straight to it - we will be having a complicated wedding! The plan is to have the wedding in the UK, with the bride's family coming over from Poland - some can speak basic English, even more of them know a few random phrases or words only! But the majority of them won't know what's what in English!

The stuff that's basically written we can sort out - two lots of everything basically, in each language, easy enough (she said!). What is already having me up at night and pulling my hair out (I can tell already, I will be a proper Bridezilla when it comes to it) is the really important stuff, the stuff that you can't really translate in advance - the ceremony will be easy enough, but what about the vows, the toast, the speeches? I have heard of couples hiring interpreters, having headsets for each guest etc etc but that just seems too much like a business conference and not a wedding. I'm unlikely to have a bilingual groom and doubt that I can get my Grandma to crack her *** down and do her English homework now.

So, any suggestions?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics