Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fran @ Hitched
Beginner April 2012

**Poll about your hen party**

Fran @ Hitched, 23 of April of 2013 at 15:25 Posted on Planning 0 18

Your hen party will be an exciting lead up to your wedding celebration and whether you're planning it yourself, or your bridesmaids plan it for you, it’s bound to be a lot of fun!

Share your excitement and comments relating to your hen party below...

[Poll]

18 replies

Latest activity by BrideCummins14, 29 of April of 2013 at 13:18
  • Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Despite initially not wanting a hen do, I'm now having a full on hen weekend! Seemed to make more sense as I have friends who live all over the country, so gathering everyone together for a weekend, rather than just an evening, made sense.

We're off to the Isle of Wight! A short hop across the Solent for me, but it's like going back in time. The weekend will be themed around the Famous Five books by Enid Blyton. There will be boat rides, a treasure hunt, picnics, a pottery class, cream teas, rockpooling, a ride on a steam train and lashings of ginger beer (of course)!

There won't be fancy dress as such, but everyone will be strongly encouraged to dress in 1940/50s school kid clothes.

We're also nominating a member of the party to be Timmy the dog for the weekend- haven't decided how yet- which will involve wearing a dog onesie the entire time, and only being allowed to communicate using the word 'Woof!' (this will make sense to people who have read the books...)

We've also managed to secure the most amazing accommodation thanks to Vintage Vacations on the island; it's a converted Mission Hall, complete with proper 50s style kitchen!

• 2013_Bride_
    Beginner August 2013
    2013_Bride_ ·
    • Hide content

Oops I voted wrong - I'm having a city break but in the UK not abroad.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I voted for a night out locally, I'd originally wanted to have my last girlie holiday to Ibiza or a festival but decided against it because of the costs for all involved. It's all well and good finding a weekend package for £200, but then there's drinks and food etc to add on top of that.

Although, I live in London and a night out there can easily stretch to that much anyway!

My friend had an amazing hen party, it should have been really cheesy it was a carvery with a cabaret and a free bar but it was so much fun. At the end of the day, your hen party is meant to be a massive giggle and I don't think it has to be as extravagant as people can make them, so I'm happy to go to the local Greek restaurant with it's Tom Jones impersonator now!

Circumstances change from person to person and I can understand by people would want to go away but it's not for me!

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

We're going on a 80's weekend to Bognor! gotta love butlins lol so il vote trip x

• J
    Beginner April 2014
    Jader123 ·
    • Hide content

2 nights away to Disneyland Paris! Very expensive, but have a such lovely hens who are happy to pay it and seem to be more excited than me! The hens made the suggestion because they know that it is so 'me' so it's perfect!

• The_Future_MrsJ
    Beginner August 2014
    The_Future_MrsJ ·
    • Hide content

I've just been having a conversation about this with my maid of honour and after just coming back from a week in Benidorm, there is definitely no better place to go with a group of girls for a weekend filled with cocktails and sunshine. It may be a bit common now but I deffo want to go down the route of the black and pink customised vests with neon pink tutu's and leg warmers. I really can't wait! Also seen some brilliant ideas on the stag and hen section on this site will definitely be looking at the pole dancing classes and the private yacht when I have booked the flights and accommodation.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I can't vote because I don't know!

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea- I know it's a weekend thing somewhere in the UK but my MOH is organising it a surprise so I have no clue what it will entail!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I *really* wanted a weekend away, but I have a close person who begrudges even £10 to pay Smiley sad

And anyway! I've had a holiday of a lifetime this year with my men, 10 days in USA, and we just moved house and that's cost a fortune, so.... to save costs and for all my lovely friends who struggle to get babysitters for kiddywinks, we've got a small function room under a hotel...

In the afternoon just 8 of us including the mums will have a meal, then in the evening we kick off with a pub quiz, my HTB is going to do 15 'straight' questions... So TV, music, geography, politics etc, then we break for snacks, round 2 is to be much more 'hen-ish', so some relationship/wedding questions, and some saucy, sexy questions. The BM's are preparing these and I reckon the DJ is going to have a few blushes as he reads them out. Then disco and karoake til 1am, then - if I'm not in a coma - back to my place. The stags are ending up back there too, so it could be pretty funny. Smiley laugh

• Longtimecoming
    Beginner August 2013
    Longtimecoming ·
    • Hide content

I'm off to Milan for a 3 day weekend but also having a dinner/disco locally for the people that can't make it

• Stacey_S
    Beginner June 2013
    Stacey_S ·
    • Hide content

I'm actually having two hen parties. The first one is next weekend and my mum has arranged that for family and older friends. We're staying in a hotel in Kent for the night and having a meal and then there's a Take That tribute band! Then a bit of shopping the next day.

And then my bridesmaids have arranged another one which they are keeping a secret but I think its a weekend in a country house. They've told me they are doing a 90s themed night and I've got to get a 90s rave costume!

• LotBot
    Beginner March 2015
    LotBot ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to do an experience weekend Smiley smile

we're going paint balling, horse riding, quad biking, assault course .. Can't think of anything else but I can't wait Smiley laugh

Then we'll stay over somewhere and have a few sneaky drinks Smiley smile

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

We are off to Chester Races Ladies' Day to pretend to be refined, and then having a proper knees-up in Wrexham after before crawling into our hotel. I think night out is the closest vote I can give!

• J
    Beginner June 2013
    Jensing ·
    • Hide content

I don't know yet... But i have insisted on dancing :-)

• R
    Beginner November 2013
    Rozaroo1987 ·
    • Hide content

We're going to be having a Murder Mystery in York Smiley smile

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    golden ·
    • Hide content

I voted a night out ... but then again it is at home too! Meeting up at mine, day time (child friendly) pampering, meal (possibly at home), follwed by cinema, possibly dropping into my favourite pub. Then home. (slippers, dvd, who knows it might get crazy Smiley winking )

• SarahW73
    Beginner September 2013
    SarahW73 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 3! 2 will be nights out locally but I'm also going to Magaluf for 3 nights!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having two - 1 crazy weekend in Vegas (10 girls)

One at home just dinner / drinks local so that mums / little sis etc can come!

Vegas is extreme but me and my girls are SO excited. I don't know what we will do when we are there - they are giving me an agenda each morning eek - so exciting x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics