Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

GeordieBarbie
Beginner May 2010

POLL: Zipper vs Lace-Up

GeordieBarbie, 4 November, 2009 at 14:30

Posted on Planning 43

Hi Just curious - who's gone for a lace-up back dress and who's gone for zipper / buttons?

Hi

Just curious - who's gone for a lace-up back dress and who's gone for zipper / buttons?

43 replies

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Drifter, mine is exactly the same. When I went to try dresses I was sure I would get a lace up, but the dress I have has a lace up internal corset and then a zip with all the little buttons that fasten over to cover it up. I LOVE the buttons, as soon as I saw the dress on all fastened up, I knew I wanted buttons instead!

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

Yay miss deedee I was begining to think I was the only one.

I am having a minor panic about the dress at the moment as I am getting it made so have no idea what it is going to look like when it is done

• fancyfree
    Beginner April 2010
    fancyfree ·
    • Hide content

Mine's lace up. Partly to allow weight loss, partly because it suited my shape better, but mainly because I know my H2B will prefer the lace up.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

Mine laced up, and it was great because I didn't have to worry about what I did or didn't eat in the run-up to the wedding. Saying that, I'm BM to my best mate next year and her dress has an underlining that laces up to get the shape, then the dress itself has a zip. Overkill maybe, but it looks great without adding lacing to a fairly complicated back!

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

(Not sure why my writing is underlined!!!)

• missdeedee
    Beginner April 2010
    missdeedee ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, that's exciting! Mine needs a bit altering and Im desperate to get it done so I can see it fitting perfectly (I have no patience!lol) Do you have a pic of roughly what your having made?

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is this dress from "Essence"? I'm sure I tried this one on and my BMs made it their fave of that shop!

• diamondsragirlsbestfriend!
    Beginner May 2008
    diamondsragirlsbestfriend! ·
    • Hide content

I had lace up. Didn't think about it before and just so happened dress I liked was lace up. Suppose you don't get many other opportunities in life to wear a lace up dress really.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics