Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mellow_Yellow
Beginner May 2012

Pollokshields Burgh Hall ***Update in OP***

Mellow_Yellow, 28 November, 2011 at 17:27 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hey venue twins - anyone got their hands on 2012 pricing yet?

***UPDATE - just spoken to Muriel and she confirmed that access from 10am - 1am plus having the ceremony within the building will cost a grand total of £1270 for 2012*** sorry - not the good news we were hoping for ☹️

22 replies

Latest activity by staceylynch6, 1 December, 2011 at 19:46
  • Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Bump

• WeeKaty83
    Beginner September 2012
    WeeKaty83 ·
    • Hide content

Yup. I'm getting married there in 2012. ?

Just add 5% on to any of the 2011 prices. ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey venue twin.

I know that it goes up roughly 5%, but I don't know if this is just on the main hire price, or whether the before 12noon/after midnight hourly rate goes up by 5%, and also whether the civil ceremony add on cost increases by 5% - any idea?

• WeeKaty83
    Beginner September 2012
    WeeKaty83 ·
    • Hide content

Hey hey! ?

Ive just checked my bill for 2012 which is £1090 for the ground floor, Loggia and Park Rooms from 12 noon til 1am.

If I was getting married in 2011 it would be £1040 so she has just added 5% onto the hall hire and access time (the extra hour we have gone for between 12pm and 1am to get everyone out!).

Im not sure about the civil ceremony add on charge as we are having a humanist ceremony so paying those costs separately. You could always give Muriel a call though as she has always been super helpful any time I have spoken to her.

xxx

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Hey Katy,

Does that mean that you have booked the same as me, the upstairs and also loggia at the 2011 cost of £980, new price is £1030.

If you're getting married there remember that you need to pay £100 extra for that.

Also, are you with TopClass - if yes, what time is your ceremony. As we have had to pay for access from 10am for the caterers for a 2pm ceremony.

Thanks x

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

Hi mellow yellow. what halls are you taking and which one are you getting married in? Smiley smile

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We've booked all of the upper floor plus the loggia and park room downstairs, the cost was £980 in 2011, and has risen to £1030 for 2012. This is from 12noon til 12 midnight. We're getting married in the Stirling Hall, champagne reception in the Loggia, and then the meal in the Maxwell Hall. Evening music and dancing in the Maxwell Hall, with the Stirling Hall being transformed in to a buffet area with extra seating for those who want some quiet, and the bar in the Boardroom (in between the two halls).

We had previously booked from 12 midnight - 1am at a cost of £60, and I contact Top Class to ask when they require access and it is 10am for a 2pm wedding, so that is another £40 per hour for two hours...assuming that the £60 and £40 charges have not also increased by 5% for 2012.

Also it was £100 fee in 2011 to have your ceremony in the hall.

How are you getting on with everything?

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

I have only booked for the extra hour at the end of the night also. so will need to change that. i was getting married downstairs as i have 80 guests for ceremony so will need to add 5% now as when i booked the guy i gave my deposit to said i would pay the price for 2011 as that was whn i booked which is obviously not the case now Smiley sad

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, we had only booked the hour at the end initially...I was surprised that the caterers needed access so early tbh, especially as the meal isn't til about 4pm. When is you ceremony and meal? Are you not getting married in the big Maxwell Hall - that takes 80 easily and is such a gorgeous hall! As for pricing, we went to see Muriel about six months back and offered to pay the full price upfront to lock in at 2011 prices and she said no, so it's definitely not an option. Did you know about the extra £100 for the ceremony. I just hope that it's only the main booking cost that goes up 5% - as that means that it will be £1270 altogether for upstairs and the loggia from 10am - 1am and getting married ?

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah knew about the £100. getting married at 2pm and meal at 4pm (i think) i dont really like the idea getting married in the same hall where we will be having the reception. thought using the whole building would be better. cant wait till all my money is saved up and everything is paid Smiley smile

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Fair enough - so you will be the exact same cost as us then if your ceremony and meal are at the same time = £1270 altogether

What room downstairs are you getting married in?

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

I think its the clifford hall. im going to the wedding fayre on the 22nd january and will make my final decision then. not long for you now Smiley smile you getting excited?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bear in mind that if you want the Clifford Hall it's an extra £175 as it's not included with the package I've taken out. Also, if you're not planning to use their posh chairs which are for hire then the hall retain a room to store these in so you can't have the whole building.

I'm going to the wedding fayre too - really excited now...what about you?

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

In a lull just now. think it will be better when xmas is over with Smiley smile

• WeeKaty83
    Beginner September 2012
    WeeKaty83 ·
    • Hide content

Hmmm.......

The £1090 is definitely the 2012 pricing.

I havent been back in touch with Top Class since we paid the deposit so was unaware they would need to been in from 10am....

Also this £100 is complete news to me. It isnt mentioned anywhere in the quote/receipt from Muriel and we talked to her at length about what we were doing so am a bit confused about this....

Still deciding on which chairs to go for as well as I know that potentially adds on at least another £200.

I'm in a bit of a lull just now as well. We are paying for everything ourselves and everything seems to have so many hidden costs involved. I didnt realise initially that the £300 we paid as a deposit doesnt even make a dent in the bill, it just acts as insurance and we'll get it back afterwards.

[:'(]

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

I know katy i only realised about the 300 after i paid the deposit. i was unaware of the 10am thing also. what else have you organised katy? Smiley smile

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

We only realised this lately too - bugger! ☹️

• WeeKaty83
    Beginner September 2012
    WeeKaty83 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, ladies. ?

I guess, its just the nature of the beast really, isn't it?! I didnt doubt you at all on the £100, I just wish she had mentioned it or at the very least included it on our bill. Seems a bit odd to leave it off.

Thanks for the tip on the banqueting chairs. I was considering these but if they are a bit knackered I dont want to pay £200 for them. MY - who are you using for chair covers? I might just go with Top Class for convenience. I think it worked out at about £240 with them.

So far I have organised the venue, caterers, humanist, photographer, band and my button bouquet. Now just have to pay for everything..... Ooh and my invites came today! Im doing stuff in a totally random order I suppose but there was a groupon for Vistaprint and the quality is actually really nice. Still looooads to do and trying to keep costs to an absolute minimum (ha!) but Im sure Ill get there. ?

I intend to go to the wedding fayre in PBH in January too.

How are you both getting on? xxx

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Top Class Catering will actually refer you on to Carole-Anne from http://www.azure-weddingandevent-planners.co.uk/ as she does all their decorating needs. It's only £2 for chair cover and sash from Carol-Anne for the daytime, but we are paying £3 per chair cover and sash as we want them on until midnight, and so the extra £1 per chair cost includes someone staying back to remove them from all the chairs as the Hall terms are adamant that everything must be left as it was found as they often have all day weddings Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in the summer.

• WeeKaty83
    Beginner September 2012
    WeeKaty83 ·
    • Hide content

Yup, Top Class already confirmed that they will be doing all the tidying up because we took the Platinum package. I cant leave it in a mess because Stacey's wedding is the day after mine! ?

I look forward to your report back from Muriel.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Update in OP

• WeeKaty83
    Beginner September 2012
    WeeKaty83 ·
    • Hide content

Oh well, never mind!

£1270 it is then....

Thanks for the update.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    staceylynch6 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah katy you better not leave a mess lol?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics