Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire

Post Lockdown Wedding!

RomanticGreenStationery27135, 20 of July of 2020 at 17:19 Posted on Planning 0

Dear all,

You've been a great source of support and encouragement to me over the past few months, so I just wanted to let you know that our wedding, which should have happened at the end of June has actually taken place! We got married on 9th July and in spite of all the restrictions, it was such a joyful day.

We were only able to have a short service and no reception, but it was so humbling to see how many of our friends were willing to take a day off work just to attend or to watch live online - one of my aunts living abroad even set her alarm for 3am so she could watch live! We couldn't have any sung music, so we found recordings that we loved of our favourite hymns and played those instead. And our photographer was brilliant at positioning people creatively so that the distancing isn't really noticeable - we have a couple of group shots where you'd swear we were almost standing shoulder to shoulder, but there's 2 metres between every household! My florist has sadly gone out of business due to Covid, but another florist stepped in at the last minute to make my bouquet, which was perfect, and a couple from the church decorated it with flowers from their own garden (we don't even know these people - they just wanted to do something special for us because of the way our wedding had been affected by Corona).

It wasn't the day we planned but it was a day filled with love, laughter and good memories, and people were so happy to have something good to celebrate in the midst of all the difficulties. So for anyone who doesn't want to wait until next year and is happy to have a smaller wedding, I'd say go for it! Our day couldn't have been more special - and there was something extra meaningful about promising to stay faithful to each other through good times and bad when you're in the middle of a pandemic.

I hope our story gives some encouragement to other 2020 brides. Love xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics