Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stacey_S
Beginner June 2013

Postbox Hire - Essex

Stacey_S, 26 March, 2013 at 11:39 Posted on Planning 0 8

I wanted to get a fancy postbox for my guests to put their cards in so they had somewhere safe to put them if they have money in them.

I found a really nice one to hire for £40 and delivery was £10 which I thought was fine.

I've had a letter from the company today saying that I have to pay a £100 cash deposit on the day when they deliver it. This has put me off a little bit, I know I'll get it back but I'm not sure if I'll have a spare £100 on the day!

Has anyone had any experience of this, is the £100 deposit normal? Just wondering whether I should try any other companies.

8 replies

Latest activity by Stacey_S, 26 April, 2013 at 10:51
  • B
    Beginner January 2012
    Butterfly2014 ·
    • Hide content

I think £100 cash deposit for a post box is quite a lot, or is this a large traditional red one?

Have you considered buying a card one and decorating it? Something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/WHITE-WEDDING-PARTY-CARD-RECEIVING/dp/B007150PCA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1364299564&sr=8-8.

• Stacey_S
    Beginner June 2013
    Stacey_S ·
    • Hide content

It's one like this:

I did think about making one but I'm being a bit paranoid that someone could lift the lid and take a few cards out.

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Surely no one would take cards out - it's a wedding filled with friends and family?!

I love those post boxes though, have you tried eBay? They have ones to hire on there

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

This one if I remember right was made by Dad

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

NEVER pay a deposit by cash! You have virtually no rights, if they decide that they want to keep your money!

If you pay a deposit by credit card, you have some come back.

Pete x

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    catew ·
    • Hide content

I am having one made in MDF it looks fab! Do you know anyone handy with wood?

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

I've just noticed, if you ebay Royal Mail Post Box, there are hundreds on there! Some with a deposit of just £15!

Pete x

• Stacey_S
    Beginner June 2013
    Stacey_S ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. I'm not having anyone there that I don't trust its just that there are another 2 weddings going on at my venue so its possible someone could come in unnoticed when everyone's a bit drunk. I'm probably just being paranoid!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics