Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2012

Post-dated visa?

CharlieA, 19 of September of 2011 at 17:37 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0

I'm getting married in March 2012, and my passport expires the following month, so must be updated. I also need to change it anyway as it's still in my birth name, but I changed my name by deed poll last year. I'm going to obviously be changing my name again when I'm married, and will be taking my fiancé's name.

I know I can get my passport postdated and changed straight from my birth name to my married name before the wedding, but will I be able to do the same for any visas we may need? I don't definitely know where we're going on honeymoon yet, but it's likely to be somewhere far East (China, Thailand, Tibet, Nepal, Singapore, somewhere like that..)

Does anyone have any helpful advice please? I really don't know what to do, and I really don't want to pay to change my passport to my deed poll name, travel on that for my honeymoon, then either have to pay to change it again straight away or travel on the wrong name for ten years until it expires!

Thanks.

• R
    Beginner November 2009
    rudykai ·
    • Hide content

Hi I have the same problem, My passport expires march 2012 and i am getting married Feb 2012, I am marrying in Lapland and have been told bu the foreign office that it is ok to travel in lapland until my passport expires. I am going to try and get something in writing just in case.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics