Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

WickyWack
Beginner July 2013

Pot of Dreams/Teramundi Pots..

WickyWack, 20 of October of 2014 at 12:17 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

We've had ours since we got married and have been putting every 50pence piece we come across in it and its about 1/3 full..(it is a large one, though)

Anyone else had one that was full? How much did you save?

I pick mine up regularly and its soo heavy!

Also, did you smash it or chisel a hole out of t?

10 replies

Latest activity by MadamRed, 23 of October of 2014 at 12:58
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

We've had two of these now. One for a holiday a couple of years ago, and one for the wedding. The first we wrapped in a tea towel and tapped it with a hammer until it broke, the second - H2B dropped it from the window cill a couple of weeks ago - numpty Smiley smile It went everywhere!!

The first ended up with £2300 in it and it was full to bursting, the second had about £3800 and had loads of room. The first had birthday money in notes, £2 and £1 coins. The second had just £2 coins and shed loads of notes from one we got either from overtime, selling stuff, birthdays etc.

I think they're ace, but they do get very very heavy Smiley smile

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

Wowzers that's a lot of money!! Not sure we'll be even close to that amount with our 50p's!!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I've got one that we were given for the wedding... it's in a box somewhere!

I really like them but the big ones are fairly expensive and I wouldn't want to smash it! May have to drill a hole in the bottom and fashion some sort of plug!

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

We had a couple Honeymoon and Wedding fund ones. We never filled them both up but we were using £2 coins if we were given them in change they had to go in the pots, i thinnk we had about £600 over a year.

We managed to get the coins out by sticking a fish slice in the coin hole and tipping the pot at an angle and shaking. they just seemed to slide right out. You just have to persevere with the few that end up not wanting to come out :-)

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I've got one that I've been putting notes in because it's rare for me to have any change. I've had it since last christmas and I've already got a knife to poke the money out and see how much I've got! It has £310 in at the moment and is nowhere near full but I think I might have to use that money before it's full anyway.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

We had one for the wedding and took great joy in smashing it!! I saved all sorts in it, money given to me as a gift; any coins I found in the washing machine; loose change at the bottom of my handbag etc...

It wasn't full when we opened it, but we had over £500 which wasn't bad considering there were a lot of coppers in there.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I had a smallish one and it was 2/3rds full when I smashed it for the wedding. It had mostly £1 coins which had been spare change and I also put in every £2 coin I had. There was almost exactly £500 which was amazing and paid for pretty much our entire day time stuff and extras.

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content

I now want one! I have been saving £2 coins but just in a draw where it is easy to dip into and take. Think we need to get one for these to help towards the wedding and honeymood!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

You can get the large ones online for about £14 or so. And they should be broken Smiley smile it's a great feeling. Xx

• smilesjp
    Beginner July 2015
    smilesjp ·
    • Hide content

I love these, think they're a great idea!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I thought about getting one of these, but even the small ones are £9-£10, which I figured was a tenner extra that could go into the savings, so I just use a normal money box which I already own.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics