Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

leni-lw!
Beginner November 2011

PPI's

leni-lw!, 22 of January of 2014 at 19:38 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

I know some of you have done a claim and have been successful in getting a few £££ back.. just wondering those who did have claim how long did it take for them to say ''yes we owe you .....'' or no we don't owe you anything? and how long for them to pay up.

I received a letter from NatWest the other day an have posted it back just wondering what the time scale usually is? in my mind I am already thinking I am going to get thousands back and how I am going to spend it, when in fact all I will get is a ''computer says no'' reply ? ( I haven't been in contact with anyone regarding ppi claim, it was NatWest that sent me a form so I am hoping there is a reason why they have sent it to me and I am eligible for a refund. )

12 replies

Latest activity by LoveSka, 25 of January of 2014 at 22:22
  • *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I think it was only about 4-6 weeks before I got a letter telling me what they would give me. It's worth contacting all previous credit people as I found that I had ppi on accounts I never knew I had.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I still don't know why I got money back but I wasn't complaining.

Like Mini said about 4 to 6 weeks.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Yeh, it's pretty quick. We have one outsnadmg with Halifax. They sent a (fat) cheque but hubby worked out they hadn't accounted for the interest or something, so now the claim is back to work out the 'extra' they owe. Because we didn't accept the intial cheque we are waiting on all the money. Buti don't think there is a proper timescale so they are taking AAAAGES over it. They have sent us a couple of checks for the 'interest' the money is getting in the meantime

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It's a regulated industry so they have to stick to the rules as set by the regulatory body. They have up to 8 weeks to provide an answer in writing normally. Have they sent you thier compleunts handling policy?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Mine was for a tesco loan (royal bank of scotland) they said 8 week max in the letter but it was through really quick like 3 week max (just over 2 if memory serves)

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content

Question: if you cannot remember the details of accounts you held with previous creditors is it still worth contacting them? For example, I know I had a big loan around 10 years ago, could have been with Tesco. Will that info plus my name and address be enough to see if there was any PPI if I give Tesco a call? Or is that too little info and am I harking back too far?! Thanks!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep! I gave barclaycard nothing more than my old name, dob and an address from 10 years ago and they found me

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Mins, did barclaycard add it without you knowing or did they say ou needed it?

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think I know how I shall be mostly spending today then! Wish I had kept a list of every loan, credit card etc I have had over the years!

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Get a copy of your credit report, it will show all old accounts up to 6 years back.

• Horace
    Dedicated November 2013
    Horace ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

K

Cheers, now on order! I signed up to a free trial on Experian a few months ago though and some of the stuff I know should be there wasn't showing up, and of course I'd like to try and claim on older stuff too! Anyway, first claim sent today, fingers crossed!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

There was a loan from 2000 on the letter I got from NatWest - so I guess anything is worth a try Smiley smile

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a Barclay card but it was from Barclays Bank. I gave my name, D.O.B, previous address. That was about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics