Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FutureMrsRon
Beginner February 2012

Practised your new signature yet?

FutureMrsRon, 27 of January of 2011 at 17:04 Posted on Planning 0 18

Hello, I'm getting married 29th February 2012 but my new signature is going to have to be massively different to how it is now - has anyone else been obsessively worrying about this?!? I'm more than happy to be getting a new name but a bit reluctant to give up my signature for some reason!!

I'm sure there are other wedding-y things I should be worrying about but this one keeps coming back to me - OH says I should practise a few so I can pick one but I don't want to jinx anything, sounds silly I know, but I'm not Mrs R yet and don't want to be writing it down!

18 replies

Latest activity by Storky, 28 of January of 2011 at 10:36
  • JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha, I'm the opposite Lynnie-peeps. My current surname is pretty boring and fluid when signing, but my new one is long and full of F's and R's! I've tried signing it but it never works!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Urm yes, and as we have been a couple for 10 years (and only got engaged last year), I practiced it before I got engaged ?

I always rip it up afterwards I would hate for people to see it. I am embarrassed!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

We spoke about this the other night. I may not change mine as it is illegiable anyway. I dont really want a new one, mines quite unique.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

You don't have to change your signature, if you don't want to, even if you do change your name. It's just an identifying mark - you could have an 'X' or a paw print if you really wanted!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Pawprint..now theres an idea!

I hate my name so cant wait to change that but I think I will keep the signature, i never knew how you were supposed to sign the register, with your new name or old one?

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You must never meet my daughter with ideas like that!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmm good question - on the day do you use your married name or single to sign the register? I am not changing my name straight away due to the red tape with visas etc for honeymoon.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You sign with your maiden name!

• miss.understood
    Beginner February 2011
    miss.understood ·
    • Hide content

...i do believe i practised this in jest before we were even engaged!

But on a serious note...i really do need to settle on one that i like that i can do time and time again. xx

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    happycamper ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG, I had not thought of that at all! If you have to sign new name will defo have to practice it.?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

You sign with your maiden name as that's the name you're entering into your contract of marriage with!

• joannexyx
    Beginner July 2013
    joannexyx ·
    • Hide content

Its apparently bad luck to do thatxx

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

I was practising mine the other day on my sons etch-a-sketch ?

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I'll have to get an etch-a-sketch then :-)

My signature at the moment is just my initials all kind of piled on top of each other, I like it, but my new name won't work that way. I've already told OH that I'm not happy that his name begins with R, he told me to keep the old signature but I'm not sure I like that idea either!!!

I'm so difficult to please with this tiny little bit of it all, everything else has been easy for me to choose. Oh keeps telling me to practise so I can pick a new one I like but I haven't done any yet. I won't have to worry about changing it all over til after the wedding anyway, we're getting married in Canada and so everything will have to be booked in my maiden name anyway, I can always work it out after the wedding I suppose!! :-)

• J
    Beginner October 2011
    jade12345 ·
    • Hide content

I returnes some clothes to a store last week and whilst stood waiting had a sudden urge to fill my details out as what my name will be when we married- was going great till i had to sign the bottom and used my signature now lmao oh i felt sooo embaressed

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I didnt practice mine til the day after the wedding as I thought it might be bad luck to do it before!

• IDoWeddings
    IDoWeddings ·
    • Hide content

I really dont want to change my signiture. The first letters of my first, middle and last name all flow the same way and feel easy to write where as the new surname will not fit at all. Looking forward to changing my name but I am sure in years to come I will still use my maiden name without thinking.

I think I may keep my signiture as it as you can have anything can't you. Just as long as it's the same everytime you sign, it doesnt have to be your name does it?

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I'll end up have the same name as Mr CB - same two initials and then the same surname. His signature is seriously rubbish so I'm worried mine would be too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics