Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

xxgossipgurl
Beginner September 2012

Pre wedding diet!

xxgossipgurl, 2 September, 2011 at 19:29 Posted on Planning 0 7

I am wanting to lose weght before my big day! (i have a year to go lol). How soon shall i start my diet?

Is therea point where you should just maintain your weight incase you get too small and the dress doesnt fit anymore??

I better loose weight or i will cry!!! I go to gym 4 times a week but i just seem to stay the same so i am hoping Slimming World will sort me out!

7 replies

Latest activity by JennyH10, 3 September, 2011 at 17:25
  • haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

I'm on a pre-wedding diet now with 9 months to go, I can go down 2 dress sizes and my dress can still be altered (I'm a small 14 now). I've found it's all about diet, not exercise! I had a baby 15 months ago and struggled to lose a few pound, then I purchased a cross trainer and it's worked wonders. I've also cut out sugar and all the bad foods and I've noticed a huge difference and I don't go to the gym at all! I'm most concerned about my flabby bingo wings, which don't seem to be shifting!! Hayley x

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

If you feel as though you want to diet, for you, then you can start whenever you want!! I have started my diet and I am getting married in just over 18 months, i have 2 stone to lose. I know I can do it in that time slowly and healthily with no crash dieting closer to the wedding.

I think you need to maintain your weight once you have had your final dress fitting but I don't think that's until a couple of weeks before the wedding in most cases.

• Butterflycake
    Beginner October 2011
    Butterflycake ·
    • Hide content

Slimming world is brilliant. I lost 3 stone. I have put on about 6lbs since I got there but know sticking to the plans will mean it drops off again. I have 7 weeks until my wedding and cannot wait to get back to work Monday (back into a routine) so I can eat well again. I want to get about 11lbs off in 7 weeks and following slimming world means it shouldnt be a problem.

Good luck x

• H
    Beginner October 2011
    Hayse-08/10/11 ·
    • Hide content

I think this is quite a personal thing really. I lost some weight about a year before the wedding to try on dresses. Then I put all that weight back on again. And then about 12 weeks befire the wedding I decided to diet hoping to lose 2lb a week (24 lb) before the wedding. I have 5 weeks to the wedding and I am on track to reach my target. But then I always work like this- to very strict deadlines and doing things in short periods of time.

Good luck x

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

I seem to have developed bingo wings, but maintained the same dress size. I'm swimming again now so hopefully that will help. I cant do tricep dips or press ups as I have carpel tunnel syndrome in my left wrist.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am so sick of my flabby arms! I asked over on weight forum and someone suggested yoga for toning up, so I am going to give that a go, as well as weight watchers, and regular gym visits, plus aqua aerobics - something's gotta shift the bingo wings eventually!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

My upper arms (along with my post 2 c-sections tummy) are my main problem areas too, hate them ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics