Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious October 2022 West Midlands

Pre wedding Spa Day

Terri, 28 of July of 2022 at 10:19 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5
I am getting married in October and my lovely MIL is taking me to a spa day in September. When she initially agreed the date with me I was clear of my period but a recent late period means I'll be on my 2nd day of my period. I don't use tampons and I'm really don't feel comfortable asking her to move that date especially when it's probably all paid for and she's doing such a nice thing. However I am dreading wearing a bikini, trying to get a massage, I won't be able to go into the pool etc. I just don't know what to do! If this period didn't stray I wouldn't be in this mess. Any suggestions Smiley sad

5 replies

Latest activity by KatelynnRamsey, 27 of December of 2022 at 01:40
  • Michelle
    Savvy June 2023 Worcestershire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content

Hi

A few years ago I was due on my period when going on a holiday with friends. I went to the doctor and got some hormonal tablets which you only take for as long as you need the period to stop for and they worked brilliant (in my case it was just to delay for the week while I was away). Might be worth looking into as you're only looking to delay it for a day or so! Just to note I wasn't on any contraception at the time so if you are i'm not sure if they can prescribe that on top!

• T
    Terri ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the message! I will be doing that for my honeymoon. Cheers.
  • Jane
    Dedicated June 2022 Bristol
    Jane ·
    • Hide content
    I’d second the delay pills but another option might be period swimwear - I’m pretty sure modibodi does some. Good luck!
  • Lucy
    Savvy September 2022 Hampshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    Primark do some period swimwear. I’ve bought them as backup for the honeymoon just in case I get a surprise but I haven’t tried them yet so not sure how well they work
  • T
    Terri ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do they?? Been in there a few times recently and not seen that. Thanks for the heads up gal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics