Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2015

Pregnant bride?

LoweToBe, 14 of April of 2015 at 17:20 Posted on Planning 0 6

so me and the HTB are TTC our first child. We have heard so many horror stories about being a pregnant bride but this is what we want to do.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous (the horror stories have got to me).

We both knew we wanted children together years ago and following recent deaths in the family it has reminded us that life is too short to put things on hold as you never know what tomorrow brings.

Are there any other brides to be out there in the same situation, or brides that were pregnant for their big day?

Xx

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsG_to_be, 16 of April of 2015 at 12:47
  • I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

My cousin was almost full term when she got married. What are you worried about, how you will look? I personally think my cousin looked awesome. She wore a clingy dress that really showed off her bump, apparently Mylene Klass wore the same one?

• L
    Beginner September 2015
    LoweToBe ·
    • Hide content

Worried about chucking my guts up at the top of the aisle probably. I love the idea of the bump under my dress (that's not the reason we're trying!) the usually pregnancy worries I think like, piling on the pounds, being sick, hormonal skin, peeing etc

• Asmurfette
    Beginner September 2015
    Asmurfette ·
    • Hide content

Me and OH have also been ttc, after a miscarriage in July, we are yet to be sucessful, we are both older though...

I have had the same thoughts, but what will be, will be ... I can't imagine anything more exciting than expecting a baby and getting married at the same time.. my only concerns are really about my dress... but after having the m/c everyone knows we are still trying so im sure no one will judge...

Go for it chick ..xx

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrsmalpass ·
    • Hide content

Me! We get married in august, yes its not far now but we have wanted children or planned to have then for over a year now, i am so tempted to start trying now but if it happens fast im scare i wont fit in my dress, or ill have morning sickness so im going to continue to wait the next 111 days ha!

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    Aquiescence* ·
    • Hide content

I got married last week at 10 weeks pregnant. It was fantastic and I wouldnt have changed it. I started a similar thread around 9 or 10 months ago on here as I was so worried. We have some fertility issues so decided to get on with trying and got there! My dress fitted perfectly, my breasts were massive but it was a good look! I had bad bad morning sickness which stopped for the week of the wedding and is now returning, I think it was the adrenaline. This is a concern but there is no way of telling how you will be affected. Life is short, go with what you think you and your OH want for your lives, you never know how quick or how long a process it could be. Not drinking meant I could take it all in and remember it, and I was still up dancing at 1am! Good luck x

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

My concern wouldn't be how I'd look, more how I'd feel.

I've had hideous morning and evening sickness and nausea in between, not to mention the tiredness!

If it's what you want no one will persuade you otherwise but all I'd say is that it wouldn't be for me. You have no idea how pregnancy will affect you and if I'd felt rubbish on my wedding day I'd have been disappointed.

• MrsG_to_be
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsG_to_be ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in July and will be 8 months pregnant! I had to sell my dress and am getting a maternity one but the Tiffany rose range looks lovely. I'm concerned about having swollen feet and not sure what shoes to go for, it's going to hopefully be sunny so I'm worried about being sweaty and tired as its a long day. I have my concerns but everyone has been really positive about it saying how nice it will be that the baby is sort of with us. I'm extremely concerned more about going into early labour as I have a condition that means I'm high risk of being pre term but there isn't anything we can do about it and postponing wasn't a financially viable option so we are just going to go with the flow and see what happens! Ill let you know how we get on!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics