Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2018

Pregnant Bridesmaid = Maternity Dress?

RomanticPinkConfetti627, 5 of November of 2017 at 09:46 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi guys, just a little question regarding maternity bridesmaid dresses.

What is the actual difference? I have looked at a few and they look exactly the same as normal bridesmaid dresses. One of my bridesmaids is trying for a baby and could be up to 7 months pregnant on my big day, so obviously we are waiting until nearer the time to get her a dress but I didn't know if there was something special about the maternity ones (like maybe they have a stretchy bit for the growth between ordering and needing the dress or perhaps the lining is different or something to make them more comfortable?).

As they look the same I am not worried about her standing out from the other bridesmaids, however just wondered if there was actually any benefit to them rather than just getting a normal dress.

I am super happy that she has chosen to share this information with me so that I am aware before arranging any dress/shoe shopping with her and would really like her to feel as comfortable as possible.

1 replies

Latest activity by Amanda, 21 of February of 2023 at 05:43
  • Amanda
    Victoria
    Amanda ·
    • Hide content

Are you getting dresses made specifically? And are they all the same style? Otherwise you could do a theme and she could pick something more suited to her. Depending on her size, you girls might be ok with a different waist or just a bit of stretch. Otherwise there's some good inspo here: https://mamastyle.store/maternity-clothing-reviews/best-maternity-bridesmaid-dress

I had a bridesmaid who was 8 months at my wedding and I let her choose her own dress closer to the time.

Edit: just realised this was posted years ago! If anyone else needs this let me know Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics