Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2022 East London

Pregnant Maid of Honour

Mrsptobe, 5 of August of 2021 at 22:31 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi all,

I have a dilemma about my bridal party. I am lucky enough to have five very close friends, one of them who I have grown up with and is like a sister and my mums second daughter. Early on I decided to avoid having a large bridal party (thought it would be less stress) and just have my best friend as my MoH. My FH is only having a best man and it worked.
She has excitingly told me she is now due to have a baby 3 weeks before the wedding. There is a chance she will be induced early so baby could be between 2-7 weeks old by the wedding. I’ve said I’m happy for her to still be maid of honour and would get her a dress and she is adamant she will be there. Im happy for baby to come too. I am more of a realist and am facing the fact she may not make it. Whilst it’s sad I understand as it’s now out of our control as there were complication with her first baby. The wedding is local but still she may not be up for it despite best efforts.
I don’t really want to not have anyone in my bridal party though. Therefore do I:
a) Pick two out of my four friends (I speak and confide in two of them more regularly and the only reason I would be picking the others is because I was bridesmaid for one and then I wouldn’t want to leave the other one out)b) pick all 4. Both of these options could upset my best friend c) pick none keeping my MoH happy but risk not being there
I also realise this could come across as ‘back ups’ but my friends are fab and I know they would be more than happy to be there for me on the day.
Opinions welcome as I am torn and feel trying to keep things simple as not worked out lol!

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsRtoH, 1 of January of 2022 at 19:03
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    Why would it upset your MOH if you had your other friends as bridesmaids?

I would ask all of them or 2 of them. They wouldn’t be MOH as your pregnant friend would still hold that title, but bridesmaids to help support you and her on the day. If she has a tiny newborn baby on the day she won’t be able to give her full attention to you and help you. She potentially won’t be able to go on your hen or have the energy to plan it. I’d just explain you want her there still but don’t want to add stress and worry in this exciting time for her. Your other friends can help plan the hen and then be there as support for you on the day. Keep your MOH sweet too by asking if the baby could be part of your wedding party as a mini flower girl/page boy.
    I was pregnant for my cousins wedding and I was so tired I wasn’t able to help like I would of liked to (I was bridesmaid)My sisters wedding I had a 3 month old and my hod was it hard. I was MOH and I felt so guilty as I was trying to be mum and support her. I had to deal with a poo explosion instead of helping her into her dress and then I had to feed during the photos (think the photographer got a shock when I didn’t do my dress back up properly 😂😂) I was glad they both had other girls in the wedding party to help them as I just felt useless.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You don't HAVE to have bridesmaids at all - that's the other option. You could always ask them to get ready with you on the day just as friends.

• L
    Curious April 2023 Warwickshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    You could always invite them over to still get dressed with you etc? or have your two closer friends do things on the day such as witnesses or poems which may make you feel less alone, im sure you can also talk to your photographer about doing a close friend photo etc.
    I think its up to you but it may be quite stressful adding four and then your made of honour is there and happy to continue. Its also important to consider about hair, markeup and flowers if your doing this and whether thatll have an impact on your decision.
  • MrsRtoH
    Savvy October 2022 Merseyside
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    Hello!
    I think that it would hurt your friends feelings if you went and got 4 new bridesmaids when potentially she could be there, especially if the baby comes early. I would say to your other girl mates that you'd need them to be on standby to get ready with you so you're not on your own if the MOH isn't available. I think it's a no brainer really. I wouldn't bother with the stress of bridesmaids and having to get them dresses and presents and all that stuff when you don't have to.
    Hope you get it sorted xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics